Most Reliable Cars

you have to realize they take anything and everything that causes the car to come back.
that can range from a bad starter to a broken knob on the stereo.

The reason why caddy/BMW/mercedes are so "unreliable" according to that list is not because the motor designs **** - its because they have SO MUCH shyte on them... and there is SO MUCH that can go wrong with all of it.

Had they had of just gone by motor/tranny reliability those results may have been completely different.

Also take into account that not *all* the problems will ever be reported. Some easy fixes on certain cars will never be reported, and could possibly sway the results. Someone who just bought a brand new caddy/benz isn't going to want to tinker with their car - they pay for perfection. Someone who buys a civic can live with simple stuff going wrong.

The results are somewhat swayed, but they can give you some sort of an idea.... just way too general.
^^ my hero //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif well said.

i still don't see what's so surprising. i'd put money that my cousin's brand new hyundai would cause less headaches than my other friends brand new e320 assuming they regularly maintained it (which would also cost less for the hyundai).

Also take into account that not *all* the problems will ever be reported. Some easy fixes on certain cars will never be reported, and could possibly sway the results. Someone who just bought a brand new caddy/benz isn't going to want to tinker with their car - they pay for perfection. Someone who buys a civic can live with simple stuff going wrong.

The results are somewhat swayed, but they can give you some sort of an idea.... just way too general.
yup exactly what I was going to say, I've worked at high end auto dealerships and this is true. People who own a caddy or a benz will bring their car in because the temp guage moves 1/15 of an inch (which is why some cars these days sit dead center unless it moves out of a certain range, then it goes full hot)... IMO ford, chevy dodge etc are great cars... though I would suspect that in the long hall (150,000+ miles) your japanese cars are more reliable.. also one lemon vehicle will mess up the whole line... ie cadillac catera (AWFUL JUNK!!) or the VW new beetle.. and notice who sits at the bottom..... IMO the only "Junk" cars are land rovers... you wouldn't beleive how many need full rebuilds to the engine etc... but now that they use ford engines they should get better...

IMO the only "Junk" cars are land rovers... you wouldn't beleive how many need full rebuilds to the engine etc... but now that they use ford engines they should get better...
well, they're British, what do you want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ford trucks do show signs of age after a while...my dad's '91 F-150 is pushing 200K on a rebuilt engine, although my van is at 135K on the original without any problems. We'll see. After it goes over 200,000 I might very well get a new vehicle...looking at a Toyota 4x4.

well, they're British, what do you want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Ford trucks do show signs of age after a while...my dad's '91 F-150 is pushing 200K on a rebuilt engine, although my van is at 135K on the original without any problems. We'll see. After it goes over 200,000 I might very well get a new vehicle...looking at a Toyota 4x4.
i was looking at a toyota 4x4 or a nissan. but it kinda ***** cuz its hard to find a V6 4x4 xcab thats standard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i really dont like american cars. my whole family has had problems with chevy (from what ive seen) and it pisses me off. the window broke in my cavalier (pully detached and window fell into door)... then like two weeks later, our 3 year old F1500 had the same problem.

and before that on the F1500, the freaking transmission 'misses a step' after going into 2nd gear it feels like. sometimes its quite the jolt too. the stereos **** and all the lights 'magically died' (on the stereo mind you) algon with the roof light (fuses are fine and i cant get the **** thing apart)

oh yea. and the door handle gets stuck in the out position and you cant open the door from the inside sometimes. WTF is that?

there are just so many problems with this **** truck..

seems like things never change. **** 2000 year vehicles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif i hate chevy.

if people would take care of their cars they would last alot longer than people expect them too. i mean there are somethings you cant avoid like accidents and the engine blowing up. A buddy of mine had like a 1989 honda something i mean it looked like sh*t but it still ran like a champ with d*mn near 275k miles on it before he sold it.

i mean there are somethings you cant avoid like accidents
somehow I've avoided that in three years of driving, while most of my friends haven't. Of course, that probably means when I do get in one, I'm probably not coming out in one piece...

if people would take care of their cars they would last alot longer than people expect them too. i mean there are somethings you cant avoid like accidents and the engine blowing up. A buddy of mine had like a 1989 honda something i mean it looked like sh*t but it still ran like a champ with d*mn near 275k miles on it before he sold it.
but sometimes **** just breaks for no reason. for example on my fathers truck. the window just was rolling down, and then it made a loud knocking noise, and dropped in the door. i mean. WTF mate. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

same thing with the door handle. you pull on it to open the door. and it stays in the 'out' position. wtf happend to the springs to pull it back in? i mean seriously.

the tranny is also somthing that we have no controll of. we dont go 4 wheeling or anything. just road driving and the occasional hauling of furnature. and it will cost a shitload of money to fix i can imagine - if they havnt shelled out the cash to do that yet.

things like oil changes, car washes, regular inspections and things like this are user maintenance... but **** just not working on a relativly new car? no wonder why their ****in warranties **** so bad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

somehow I've avoided that in three years of driving, while most of my friends haven't. Of course, that probably means when I do get in one, I'm probably not coming out in one piece...

x2

My worst accident (that I've been involved in) thus far has been when I backed my car out of the garage without putting the door up first //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif Daddy wasn't too happy about that situation.....and I had to pay for a new door //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

where do you learn\store this **** jmac?

i mean, seriously. if i were you, id gladly give up X amount of brainpower for X amount of immune system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

My worst accident (that I've been involved in) thus far has been when I backed my car out of the garage without putting the door up first //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif Daddy wasn't too happy about that situation.....and I had to pay for a new door //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Hahaha, I did the same thing on my old car. It nearly ripped my hand off. Luckily doors are cheap coming from scrapyards.

Anyhoo, the most durable vehicle I've seen in the Bicentenial Ford F150. Around here, there are at least 7 of those bad boys, all the same make and year, driving around. No idea as to the milage on them, but (imo) a d*mn good truck.

There's also the European Toyota Hilux (sp?) which has been nicknamed "the immortal" by several owners.

Hahaha, I did the same thing on my old car. It nearly ripped my hand off. Luckily doors are cheap coming from scrapyards.
LOL.....no, I backed through my garage door //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Hit the wrong button in our 2 door garage........the left door went up, I was in the right side bay //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif Didn't realize the wrong door went up till I ran into the one on my side.........

The toyota Hilux is what the original 4runners were based on, but with a rear cover and seats.

A friend of mine has one to transport his go-kart behind it. Seriously uncomfortable car for me, but he seems to love it.

Never got into an "accident" bad enough to have to pay for something...a lady tapped her SUV against my rear bumper once, and although mine didn't have a scratch on it (metal bumpers, yay) but I glared at her and gave her some choice remarks about using a cell phone when driving a vehicle that might be too much for her to handle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.