MS-8 vs Bit Ten?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
Just as the title says. I'll be looking for a processor soon, just wanted to see what you guys recommend from those^ two, or anything else you guys have might have in mind. My car is "new" and has warranty so I don't want to mess with it's headunit atm (although I would if outcome is better).

2013 Nissan Altima SV

So ms-8 is "more simple"?
A lot more, it does the auto tuning for u, so if u don't have hours tuning and setting things up, go with the ms8, u don't have as much control but it's so simple and only takes a few minutes

So ms-8 is "more simple"?
Not simple by any means. Less you can do. After you calibrate it you only have a single 31 band EQ and basic fader balance to adjust. If it does not turn out right you are limited on how far you can dial it in. I'm still learning its quirks. Level matching is very important.

A lot more, it does the auto tuning for u, so if u don't have hours tuning and setting things up, go with the ms8, u don't have as much control but it's so simple and only takes a few minutes
Not simple by any means. Less you can do. After you calibrate it you only have a single 31 band EQ and basic fader balance to adjust. If it does not turn out right you are limited on how far you can dial it in. I'm still learning its quirks. Level matching is very important.
Ahh I know it won't be simple. Not trying to make things easy, what if I could change my headunit for a prs? Is is possible to keep steering wheel controls and all that?

Ahh I know it won't be simple. Not trying to make things easy, what if I could change my headunit for a prs? Is is possible to keep steering wheel controls and all that?
You have to get a part to keep controls. I will say I had better results with the 80prs but I'm still tuning the ms-8. The 80 took a few weeks to get right also.

You have to get a part to keep controls. I will say I had better results with the 80prs but I'm still tuning the ms-8. The 80 took a few weeks to get right also.
Wish someone could help me out with harnesses, adapters and stuff, removing my the stock hu is easy. Problem is thers alot more wires and plugs than the prs has. I'll look up a photo online gimme a sec...

Nissan does not use it's head units for any sort of vehicle information that would interfere with it's operation. i get that it's a pretty new vehicle but changing out the radio can't void a warranty, literally can't. now if it was GM, BMW, Audi, etc... I'd understand.

Nissan does not use it's head units for any sort of vehicle information that would interfere with it's operation. i get that it's a pretty new vehicle but changing out the radio can't void a warranty, literally can't. now if it was GM, BMW, Audi, etc... I'd understand.
I know, and even if there was a problem, changing it isn't hard

Here look

__57.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

OEM 2013 NISSAN ALTIMA AM-FM-CD-XM-AUX-NAVIGATION RADIO - Car Audio, Video

Headunit is: 259153tA1A

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.