Multi-channel SQ amp for front comps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flex68
10+ year member

dilligaf
I gots a bit left in my PayPal account to pick up an amp for the front components in my planned SQ/SQL system.

I have a CDT Audio CL 62 Pro set of 6.5" that I am putting in the doors with coax mounted tweets (plus a set of upstage tweets), and would like to provide at least one channel of 125-200WRMS for the mids.

Thinking along the lines of:

DD S4a (love the staggered output!)

SD SAX-200.4d

Discus DSC-4125

Budget is $150-300...and before you quote me a price, pls understand you're dealing with a wholesaler, lol.

I am only looking for solid 10/10 functionality, and at least 9/10 cosmetic

4 channel

Last edited by a moderator:
comparison...

SQA 4075

Power Output:

RMS @ 4 Ohm: 75WX4Ch

RMS @ 2 Ohm: 120WX4Ch

RMS @ 4 Ohm Mono: 200WX2Ch

AudioSystem X-ION 160.4

Stereo Power RMS @ 4 Ohm

4 x 160W

Stereo Power RMS @ 2 Ohm

4 x 240W

Stereo Power RMS @ 1 Ohm

4 x 300W

Bridge Power RMS @ 4 Ohm

2 x 480W

Bridge Power RMS @ 2 Ohm

2 x 605W

FULL MOSFET amplifier

Stable into 1 ohm stereo per channel and 2 ohm bridged mode

Input Sensitivity: variable 200 mV maximum to 8 V minimum

Multi-Way-Protection-Circuitry

Operating Voltage: DC 10 ~ 16 V power input

Massive heavy aluminium-heatsink with fan cooling

4075 Retail - $399 - deal shipped ($300)

X-ion 160.4 - Retail - $829 (Demo unit - still fulll 1 yr. warranty) $360 + SHIPPING...

Need More Power

X-ION 280.2

Stereo Power RMS @ 4 Ohm

2 x 280W

Stereo Power RMS @ 2 Ohm

2 x 480W

Stereo Power RMS @ 1 Ohm

2 x 740W

Bridge Power RMS @ 4 Ohm

1 x 960W

Bridge Power RMS @ 2 Ohm

1 x 1480W

The 160.4 is a really sweet amp for someone, but is out of my price range.

Thanks for trying, tho!

Still in need of replies to my other PM's, and some more offers on my thread....

Even if hugely underrated, still not going to be in the ballpark of the output I am wanting...
shoot just step up and get all that power you wanted and MORE.. 160.4.... you CAN do it!!!!

I have a JBL GTS300, there certainly is such a thing as an SQ amp, amps do sound different from one another. Anyway, this is rated at 100x2 rms, underrated, and sounds extremely nice. $70 shipped. outside isn't the prettiest, but it works perfectly and is very efficient.

I have a JBL GTS200, there certainly is such a thing as an SQ amp, amps do sound different from one another. Anyway, this is rated at 100x2 rms, underrated, and sounds extremely nice. $70 shipped. outside isn't the prettiest, but it works perfectly and is very efficient.
o i deff know that! Thats why it confused me a bit, ended up getting a US acoustic usx4065. Hoping for better warmer/fuller sound then my db A5 is producing

I love the way my old memphis 50x4 sounds i just need more POWAAA

But everyone seems to say the OPTIs are really reliable underrated amps. just thought ide throw it out there, lots of power
Interesting!! I hadn't yet considered a Lanzar...

Thanks for the link

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

I have a JBL GTS300, there certainly is such a thing as an SQ amp, amps do sound different from one another. Anyway, this is rated at 100x2 rms, underrated, and sounds extremely nice. $70 shipped. outside isn't the prettiest, but it works perfectly and is very efficient.
Thanks, but needing a 4-channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...