my amp keeps cutting out...why?

audioman
10+ year member

michigan
i have a jensen XA2100 200 W amp. it is pushing 2 12 JBL's 4 ohm. i have it bridged, and am rumming the speakers in parralell. it hits good and sounds fine but the protect function keeps coming on when i try pushing them. can anyone tell me why? i know jensen is not top of the line... but it is what i have for the time being. my old mtx amp kept blowing the fuse when i had it hooked up the same way also. please help!!!

audioman-try series/wiring the 2 jbl subs

call the two subs (sub 1 and sub 2)

take the negitive from sub 1 and wire it to

the positive of sub 2 then take the

positive of sub 1, and the negitive of sub 2

and wire it to your bridge amp (positive from

amp to sub 1 and negitive from amp to sub 2)

give it a try and see if the protection mode

comes on

Your amp is shutting down because it is overloaded. It can't handle the 2ohm mono load.

You can do what billet suggested which will give you an 8ohm mono load. Or you could just run each sub on a seperate channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.