My CTX65CS are lacking bass!

I am trying to figure out what are your questions leading up to?

This is not my thread.

To answer your question, yes I am using the passive xover right now with the exact same comps the OP has. Yukon XL, have a RF T3002 sending a little over 200w to each side. Have been installed for roughly 1-2 months. Bought them to see if I liked them before I purchased the more expensive XS line. The CTX are good for what they are, a nice budget component set with a nice tweeter. They actually surprised me for the price and they will be installed into my wifes car when I change them out. So one fo the many that I am not disappointed with the purchase.

I really wanted to run passive, but I do not think its going to happen as I have been through quite a few sets of comps and none are giving me what I am looking for. I feel that I need some larger format 8" drivers. Reason I have not done so already is because I am OCD and I will never be able to leave an active xover alone.

If you want to give me some advice, I am all ears and would appreciate it. I can even start my own thread and put up some pics of my install, but lets not crap OP's tread. This is about him and his questions.

pm me or email me from my profile if you want.

Hey All-Tried to research and look it up but I don't really know how to "search" for this question. Maybe you can help me.

I recently purchased a Sax 125.2 to go with a pair of Image Dynamics 65CTXcs. The headunit is a Pioneer 450UB (or something similar).

Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get some bass out of the speakers. I know these aren't subs, but I have no lows! The highs sounds good and mids sound pretty good but I am lacking lows/beats!

On the amp, I set it to "full" instead of HPF or LPF. What else am I supposed to do?

Thanks to all who help.

Double check you're wiring.... you could have one of the mids hooked up out of phase....... a quick check is to roll your balance from left to right and see if the sound improves...... if it does then you definitely have one out of phase..... that's where I'd start....

I am pretty sure the wiring is all correct. When I mess with the fade, everything sounds fine.

As far as the install, its a pretty normal install. Doors are not deadened but that is not the problem I hear. Its not an issue of sound quality so much as I'm pretty sure settings aren't allowing much bass to flow.

I am trying to figure out what are your questions leading up to? This is not my thread.

To answer your question, yes I am using the passive xover right now with the exact same comps the OP has. Yukon XL, have a RF T3002 sending a little over 200w to each side. Have been installed for roughly 1-2 months. Bought them to see if I liked them before I purchased the more expensive XS line. The CTX are good for what they are, a nice budget component set with a nice tweeter. They actually surprised me for the price and they will be installed into my wifes car when I change them out. So one fo the many that I am not disappointed with the purchase.

I really wanted to run passive, but I do not think its going to happen as I have been through quite a few sets of comps and none are giving me what I am looking for. I feel that I need some larger format 8" drivers. Reason I have not done so already is because I am OCD and I will never be able to leave an active xover alone.

If you want to give me some advice, I am all ears and would appreciate it. I can even start my own thread and put up some pics of my install, but lets not crap OP's tread. This is about him and his questions.

pm me or email me from my profile if you want.
its not nice to thread jack start u own thread

seal the holes in the door and theyll give you what you want
he is getting NO midbass at all and you think sealing a hole/holes is gonna do the trick.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

he is getting NO midbass at all and you think sealing a hole/holes is gonna do the trick.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
thank you, i didn't want to be the one to say this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

bump bump

I am using the crossovers that came with the amp--- i believe.

I know these guys can produce more midbass!!

They were installed properly by Todd Zier, I'm 99% sure thats not the cause. I put the amp settings on full but I am not sure how to correspond settings on the radio? ie. HPF? etc..

your prolly expecting too much. bass is what a substage is for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

as i said before if your expecting to get "lows" out of the 6.5 your expecting to much those are midbass speakers. you said the mids and highs are fine but u want lows then u need to add a sub.
yes perhaps, but I still think there should be a little bit more "bass" then these are producing. It's not like I'm talking about bass that even an 8" would produce... just some bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.