My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

Mine is weird... I will be the second owner... but it has the GXP front grill and bumper as well as side skirts. Something to do with a "street package" or Appearance Package" I don't know but it will be getting the hammerhead rear spoiler via ME!! lol. Oh and it has the 18" Wheels, Black leather heated seats with the moonroof and remote start.
His doesnt have the spoiler package or rear spoiler, but does have the remote start,moon roof. He just put a little work in his.He is the second owner of this one as well.It has like 47k original miles on it.He has had it for just over a year.Put new shocks struts,tires,break pads,rotors, intake had a small leak, he fixed that last weekend,some sensor/egr valve for check engine light,fresh plugs and wires and an AGM battery.A Co-worker had it.His wife is a teacher and drove it like 15 miles daily to work and back. They bought it bnew.They drove the SUV everywhere else and the truck.He likes it.He has like 5 vehicles and a bike, and the only driver of all, lol.Im like, hows insurance for all of these vehicles paying out for ya?? LOL.Weeell he says.Atleast If I get tired of one or the other, I have an option, and dont get tired of driving just one.LOL

lol That's cool... I think mine is at 153,000 miles. But it still runs quiet and smooth. He had all the recall stuff taken care of so it is good to go.
Id rive it till the motor blows.Ive got 290k hard miles on one my 98 Chevy trucks. I mean hard miles like flooring it at least once a week kinda thing.Drive like 65-75-80 mph every where loaded with about 3k lbs on it all time.LOL Truck runs great still. no issues.😨Gets an oil change every 3k and maintained well though.

Id rive it till the motor blows.Ive got 290k hard miles on one my 98 Chevy trucks. I mean hard miles like flooring it at least once a week kinda thing.Drive like 65-75-80 mph every where loaded with about 3k lbs on it all time.LOL Truck runs great still. no issues.😨Gets an oil change every 3k and maintained well though.
lol I don't know how my Jeep is still running. 283K+ and I deliver pizza. Brutal. I don't change the oil... just add it when it's a quart low. In theory I get an oil change every 6 - 7 months lol.

Apparently he left his phone at his girlfriends moms house. He responded at a little after 7am this morning saying he just got it back. Now I have to wait for the car again.
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.Without a title in hand and a bill of sale its still considered his vehicle

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.Without a title in hand and a bill of sale its still considered his vehicle
If you have both, you can call the local authorities and let them know you are going to get it, so you are covered.You can have it towed with a title in hand if you dont have a way to drive it.be like $125 bucks or less depending on the distance to have it towed. Ive had to do that in the past. But Id call and ask what you can and can not do.I had keys, and title was in my name and in an apartment complex,I just went and got it.One vehicle I had to tow it before.I called ahead so to keep from issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
ThxOne said:
Made my first payment on the car. I helped the guy out, the guy that is selling me the car. He was in a bind so I threw some cash at him to hold him over till he gets his first paycheck from his new job. Man he just started talking about the car and apparently he is the original owner. Told me how when he bought it new in '08 he made sure he got everything he could think of... the leather, the heated seats, sunroof, premium Monsoon sound system, remote start, blah blah blah. He told me about the recalls and how they have all been fixed.... other than minor exterior cosmetics, the car is great.
Any transaction of Payment on the vehicle , you should have had a Bill Of Sale, or Title In hand for any money.This money can be considered as a gift without any agreement on paper dated and signed for the vehicle ect.

ThxOne said:
Helped my buddy out again and gave him more money to put towards the purchase of the car... It will be here TUESDAY!!!! No clue where I am going to park it lol.
Same here.. This could be considered as a gift. Stop giving money to this guy until you have a bill of sale in hand and the title.

I trust his word. The car is still at his place and now I know why. His girlfriends dad passed away so they went to Texas which is where they are now. He said as soon as they get back he would drop it off over here. I literally saw the car 30 min ago. She took his Chevy Cruze to Texas last week and the day she got back she got the call... so he took her out there for the funeral. Crappy week for her and him. Her moms house is in Texas, he is at a hotel.

Hey everyone... I kind of tested my hearing tonight and I am concerned. I was able to hear and mark where my hearing started and ended... I am worried if this will affect my SQ build.

My hearing with a 0db sign wave from 20hz - 20Khz. I was able to identify or hear rather from 49hz to right barely over 15Khz. Anything below or above was not audible. What do you all think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...