My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

That's fd up on car deal. Idk about hearing. I'd say old age but 49 hz seems a little high. Might as well go sealed if you can't hear below 49 hz lol.
Could have been the size of my speakers... the woofer is 5 1/4" on these Samson monitors. In the Jeep, on the RF 10" I heard the bass around 28hz. I am going to have to test my hearing on a reference set of earphones I think.

Could have been the size of my speakers... the woofer is 5 1/4" on these Samson monitors. In the Jeep, on the RF 10" I heard the bass around 28hz. I am going to have to test my hearing on a reference set of earphones I think.
oh ok well that explains it. I wouldn't worry too much I'm probably around the same on my hearing. 

She's home!!!! Took it over to show my mom.

20181123_132146.jpg

Took the G6 out for a shakedown run... looking for any issues. Drives great, plenty of power, handles way better than the Jeep, brakes are great.

Issues:
1. Dome Light needs attention
2. Turn Signal Switch needs replaced. $17 brand new part
3. Windshield washer sprayers need attention and adjusted
4. A/C Recharged a little
5. Small front end exhaust leak
6. Could use a tune-up and oil change
7. NEEDS A BATH inside and out

I think EVERY speaker in this car is blown or broken in some form or another. The is NO battery voltage indicator or gauge of any kind. With the spare tire in the trunk... it sure is shallow in there. It looks smaller than my buddies without his spare.

Took the G6 out for a shakedown run... looking for any issues. Drives great, plenty of power, handles way better than the Jeep, brakes are great.

Issues:
1. Dome Light needs attention
2. Turn Signal Switch needs replaced. $17 brand new part
3. Windshield washer sprayers need attention and adjusted
4. A/C Recharged a little
5. Small front end exhaust leak
6. Could use a tune-up and oil change
7. NEEDS A BATH inside and out

I think EVERY speaker in this car is blown or broken in some form or another. The is NO battery voltage indicator or gauge of any kind. With the spare tire in the trunk... it sure is shallow in there. It looks smaller than my buddies without his spare.
Id prob take care of the tune up first.Always good to get some fresh oil and plugs in a used vehicle, maybe get some fresh radiator fluid in there for the winter coming.You can spend a good day detailing yourself, or take it and spend about $150 bucks and get it detailed inside and out prob.Id do it myself so I know its done to my standards.Prob wouldnt hurt to rotate and balance the tires while you are at it.Fuel filter maybe.just some small things get it running pretty good.Id wax it on a good day with some Carnuba wax.Exhaust leak may be a donut gasket at the header and down pipe maybe.Prob like $15 bucks and about an hour of your time.At least you got it home.Good deal.

Yeah, there is a lot to do. I will be doing 90% of it. I may take the car to a local stereo shop for the box build per shredder2's design... maybe... I may still build it myself. I think cost wise, a shop may be cheaper. I don't have all the tools, room or anything to haul the wood with. If I do have the shop build it, I will post pics with their shop info.

I went to the shop and got a quote for the box. He said approx. $250 and he said he only uses marine grade birch because we live in a humid climate along with other benefits. That is exactly to shredder2's box design plus covered to match the trunk carpeting.

What do you all think about the price?

Wish I was in a warmer climate now, lol. I just noticed that I was the first person to post in this thread when you started it months back and I had hundreds more posts than you and now you have more posts than me and still no actual build progress to speak of? Dude, you’ve been spending too much time on the computer sitting on your ass and not actually doing anything. Now get out there and build that system before it’s winter in Georgia, lol. 

Wish I was in a warmer climate now, lol. I just noticed that I was the first person to post in this thread when you started it months back and I had hundreds more posts than you and now you have more posts than me and still no actual build progress to speak of? Dude, you’ve been spending too much time on the computer sitting on your ass and not actually doing anything. Now get out there and build that system before it’s winter in Georgia, lol. 
lol I have only had the car here for a few days now. It's gonna be slow going though. All the crap is expensive plus I have to make sure the car is in order so I can drive it in my name as I am still paying the guy for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...