my friend is looking for a $500 system, please help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Budnik
10+ year member

well, just like the title said, my friend is looking for a system for around 500, maybe a little more. he would like 2 12's an amp, and maybe even a head unit. he has an older sony in the car now but I don't know if it has rca outputs. he has plenty of room in his trunk and I am going to build him a dual 12inch VT box for the 12's. he is wanting an spl system, i don't even think he's woried about sq, but he is not going to compete with it i think. all help is appreciated.

thanks,

matt

Originally posted by Budnik well, just like the title said, my friend is looking for a system for around 500, maybe a little more. he would like 2 12's an amp, and maybe even a head unit. he has an older sony in the car now but I don't know if it has rca outputs. he has plenty of room in his trunk and I am going to build him a dual 12inch VT box for the 12's. he is wanting an spl system, i don't even think he's woried about sq, but he is not going to compete with it i think. all help is appreciated.

thanks,

matt
well dude, for 500 i wouldent get a new HU unless you absolutely have to. since your building the box, you can save money there also......id go with

2 JL audio W3 12's, thats about 300 for the amp... get a JBL600.1wich is about 200. if you can find a good deal on a pair on ebay for 250, do that for the subs, then use the other 50 on wire and fuses and stuff, id say your gonna need around 50 bucks worth- or at least i did when i tryed to install my own system, i blew about 100 on wire, cause i didnt put a fuse in it and i ran it through my door jam and it shorted and caught MY CAR on fire. not a fun thing dude, i was goin down the highway and thought i was gonna die because my ENTIRE car was on fire for a straight line from my hood to my trunk... after that i learned to save the extra 50 and take it to someone that knows what theyre doin haha,,,,hope this helps....

Matt

( BE SURE TO BUY A INLINE FUSE!!!! ) haha

well, just like the title said, my friend is looking for a system for around 500, maybe a little more. he would like 2 12's an amp, and maybe even a head unit. he has an older sony in the car now but I don't know if it has rca outputs. he has plenty of room in his trunk and I am going to build him a dual 12inch VT box for the 12's. he is wanting an spl system, i don't even think he's woried about sq, but he is not going to compete with it i think. all help is appreciated.
If you guys can stand a little wait, get 2 of the new Elemental K series subs.

The 12" is going for 100, and the 15" is going for 105.

My suggestion, since space isn't an obstacle, get 2 15" subs, and put them in either a large sealed, or port the box.. lotsa lotsa bass.

To power the subs, get a JBL 1200.1. which is 285 bucks @ http://www.ikesound.com so that is 490 dollars, for a system that will kick a$$,

Edit: You will still have to buy all the wires, fuses, ect that will have to go w/ the amps and speakers. but you can get one @ like wally's that will work fine. It's not great, but it will work.

diamond, I don't know if it would be as good of an idea to run the e15k drivers off a bp1200.1 as it would be to run them off a bp600.1. since the rms of the sub is 300 watts, if you get the dual 4 ohm subs and wire them in parallel to drop the load to 1 ohm then they would each get a little over their rms. plus that would save a little money too. anyways, i was thinking of the k series since I own 2 e15a's and I am very pleased with them. so I suppose I will go with the elementals unless someone suggests something better.

thanks,

matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.