My speakers dont sound that clear

Participant count
  • Participant list

southport2014
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a set of component speakers. They are morel maximo 6.5s They are currently being ran on a kicker 650.4.

They don't seem to be that clear. I really don't know how to tune the amp and radio I have that well.

The radio I have is a kenwood excelon x996.

I currently have the amp gain at a little under half. The Bass boost at 1 db out of 16 or 18

and the frequency at 100hz.

The headunit has a manual 13 band eq but I just have it set under the rock setting.

Can anyone tell me how to get the best sound out of my speakers? thanks

Have you checked the crossover output wiring? These speakers are VERY polarity sensitive on the output of the crossover, as a 2nd Order design is 180 degrees out of phase at the crossover point and these crossovers will have the polarity compensated because of this. So, double-check that the crossover OUTPUT polarity exactly matches the driver INPUT polarity, ie + to + and - to - on both drivers. If the polarity isn't right, there will be an extreme dip at the crossover point, which will definitely give a strange sound to the system.

Double check all the settings in your head unit, and make sure they are correct. I have an older Kenwood head unit that has PAGES of settings, it took me quite a while with the printed manual in hand to go all through them. If in doubt, do a "factory reset" of the unit and start over with the settings. I have attached the Kenwood manual picture of the "reset" button to my post.

Hope this helps you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.