n00B question

Redfield99
10+ year member

Work in Progress
My question is this: Should I deaden the "end gate" of my jimmy? I know this seems like an obvious yes but the reason I ask is that after reading I wonder this.. do I want the wave bouncing off the back and coming forward? Or do I want to deaden that? The box is approx 3 feet from the back of the truck and the subs are firing back. I hope this makes sense but what is the best idea? Deaden?

if you are going to deaden that, make sure it's not heavy enough to make the gate fall/not stay open when you open it. I'd leave it and just deaded the floor, but thats just me.

honestly, im not really worried about the rattling. There is not much sound outside my vehicle. I am more worried about improving the sound quality inside the vehicle. Opinions?

if your looking for SQ.. you should deaden everything you can get your hands on.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

Rattles and resonances are never a good thing. Deaden everything you can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.