Ned help asap. anyone welcome.

Participant count
  • Participant list

CAT MAN
5,000+ posts

Banned
Roanoke,VA
So my 1997 acura 3.0 Cl has been acting up on me lately. when i try to start it sometimes the lights on the dash come on to indicate ACC2 on the ignition. sometimes they dont. Then if they do and it starts it dies RIGHT after it starts. giving it gas doesnt help. voltage is stable. not sure wwhat it could be. and i need it fixed ASAP. help me out before i have to invest in a mechanic!

I had a couple cars do that very same thing.Acura integra/honda hatch.forgot exactly,what its called , but mine was a switch just under the dash on drivers side up in there by itself..like fuel regulator switch or something like that,,says mitsu on it ??At orileys it was like $70, and had to be ordered, but on like you can get one for like $40,,You should be able to reach under there, and just wiggle it,and youll hear a click sound, then it will start rt up..Friend of mine zip tied his,as it was loose..ill see if i can post a pic/find one for you to look for..its really up in there,got to look for it.

sounds like your ignition switch next time it acts up try only letting off the key enough to dis-engage the starter and see if it stay's running.

you won't hurt anything unless you turn it back forward and re-engage the starter after it's running, then you will get the typical double start grind but this is only a test. I had a ignition switch go on me a couple years ago and this sounds just like it I drove around for two days waiting for parts holding the key forward 99% of the drive.

you won't hurt anything unless you turn it back forward and re-engage the starter after it's running, then you will get the typical double start grind but this is only a test. I had a ignition switch go on me a couple years ago and this sounds just like it I drove around for two days waiting for parts holding the key forward 99% of the drive.
aw heellll no. i need it fixed so ill see in the am.

How far is roanoke from norfolk?
no idea 4hrs? but you get a demo and to come watch the races free and race yourself if you want. i have alot of strings to pull in this town //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm going to have to google it, but first before I drive 8hrs round trip try, different points on the ignition turning the key slowly and noting if there's proper function just after the key turns PAST it's designated function, also see if there's a large dead zone from the on position to it actually engaging the starter. this is if it will start at all!

I'm going to have to google it, but first before I drive 8hrs round trip try, different points on the ignition turning the key slowly and noting if there's proper function just after the key turns PAST it's designated function, also see if there's a large dead zone from the on position to it actually engaging the starter. this is if it will start at all!
i have a whoe upstairs with a bed so it wont be in a day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif either way ill check into it in the AM. wheen i turn it slower it seems to work better so i think you're right. also will this be the part i need?

1997 acura cl ignition | eBay

or can i get one of these for you to intall? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifBLUE LED PUSH START IGNITION ENGINE BUTTON SWITCH STARTER CAR/VEHICLE/AUTO a | eBay

well we COULD do the fancy push button, but you would still need the key as the button would only replace the last function of the ignition, But yea the other expensive do hicky is the suspect part, If you search for ignition switch you see they have a socket on them in the center that's where the rod from the ignition it's self turns it I'm not really 100% how yours works but I/you can easily look it up, there's more info online then in a haynes manual!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.