Need a good beefy 10" sub

ecbmxer
10+ year member

Hey guys, right now I have 2 JL 10W3V2 subs in a sealed box in my 2005 Nissan Titan kingcab. They are getting around 500W right now at 2 ohms and are each in around 0.5 ft^3. Now, I know they don't have much volume and I think thats part of the reason why I am not happy with the setup. They are downfiring also, which I think makes it sound better. I am considering replacing them with a single 10" sub and maybe going ported. I listen to mostly rap lately but some rock and metal also. I have a DLS A5 amp, so I have a maximum of 780W at 1 ohm to work with. I can get a max of probably 0.65ft^3 per woofer right now if I re-did the box upfiring. Would that be a better option, or sell off my stuff and get a single 10" woofer with around a 750W power handling? If I did that, should I upfire or downfire it and sealed or ported? Just off the top of my head I though about a Treo SSi woofer in a ported box or an RE 10SX (I think thats it, the 600W one) or even a DLS Iridium 10 woofer. The last catch is that I only have around 7.25" from the mounting face to the back wall maximum. That is for upfiring. If I went downfiring, it would drop even more. Any suggestions on what I can do?

call this guy: Clayton Noon

Quality Tint & Security

(334) 702-2888

Tell him Milton asked him to take a pic of his subwoofer setup and email it to you. It's a pair of DD 1008's in a downfiring ported box. Pretty ****ed impressive on 400w.

Hey guys, right now I have 2 JL 10W3V2 subs in a sealed box in my 2005 Nissan Titan kingcab. They are getting around 500W right now at 2 ohms and are each in around 0.5 ft^3. Now, I know they don't have much volume and I think thats part of the reason why I am not happy with the setup. They are downfiring also, which I think makes it sound better. I am considering replacing them with a single 10" sub and maybe going ported. I listen to mostly rap lately but some rock and metal also. I have a DLS A5 amp, so I have a maximum of 780W at 1 ohm to work with. I can get a max of probably 0.65ft^3 per woofer right now if I re-did the box upfiring. Would that be a better option, or sell off my stuff and get a single 10" woofer with around a 750W power handling? If I did that, should I upfire or downfire it and sealed or ported? Just off the top of my head I though about a Treo SSi woofer in a ported box or an RE 10SX (I think thats it, the 600W one) or even a DLS Iridium 10 woofer. The last catch is that I only have around 7.25" from the mounting face to the back wall maximum. That is for upfiring. If I went downfiring, it would drop even more. Any suggestions on what I can do?
u need more power to them

i garrantee if u would have put 500watts to each ten u would not have made this thread

put more power to them and if u still think u need a beefier ten get re sx10

u need more power to themi garrantee if u would have put 500watts to each ten u would not have made this thread

put more power to them and if u still think u need a beefier ten get re sx10

I agree with him....

They need more power

OK, maybe I'll see if I can trade them for the dual 4 ohmers. Then I could have a 1 ohm total impedence and run 780W to them. I will not ditch the amp... ever. I love this DLS A5 amp. I will try more power though.

I kinda agree with you. I don't have the room to port them unfortunately. Unless I went with only 1 W3, but I would have no output then. I'm gonna go talk to the place I got them and see if they have some dual 4 ohm w3's I can try to see if it improves anything with more power.

780 will push them but to get a noticably more output u need between 900-1200 watts on it..u can do it becuz u have the subs in small boxes so mechanically it will handle it..just watch your gains and send them clean power and u should be fine with the added power.......

put 500 watts on one of the tens ..u should get nice output from one...and just imagine 2 with one amp on each....wang city

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.