Need amp for Rockford T1's and comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

mooseknuckle
10+ year member

Bay Area
This is going to be a semi long post so bear with me a little.

So I just got my 2 Rockford T1D412's in the mail today along with my z130bt in-dash and now I need a new amp to power my subs and possibly a new amp for my front and rear speakers. i was loonking around and was considering going with a Hifonics Brutus 1700.1. Now here comes all the questions. Would I be better off to go with a 1200.1 and drop down the power a little bit? These are going in a 05 mustang and I dont want soo much power going to these subs that it drowns out my front and rear speakers. So is this a good route or is there a better option im missing. All suggestions are welcome.

Now as for what amp I should run for my front and rear speakers. Right now I have Alpine type-x in the front and Alpine SPS-57C2 speakers in the rear. The front component cut in and out sometimes and im not sure whats going on. I think they could be blown, but when they are on they sstill sound pretty good. The components I had before blew because they just werent rated that high, which was why I went with the alpine type-x's. So considering that im keeping the same speakers (I will upgrade them sooner or later) what would be a good amp to run with this complete system. Btw, i have a Alpine MRV-F540 running those speakers now and someone mentioned that I could re running the amp into clipping (whatever that is). So what should I do about an amp to power those speakers correctly. Keep in mind that I would also like it to be able to handle future upgrades if necessary.

Thanks for all the help in advance

Well would it make you feel better that i didnt buy them and that someone got them for me without my knowledge? Pretty much like "hey here you go, your welcome" type scenario. Im just trying to make the best of the situation. I dont really have the money to do this, but im doing it anyways. Thanks for the input though

Well would it make you feel better that i didnt buy them and that someone got them for me without my knowledge? Pretty much like "hey here you go, your welcome" type scenario. Im just trying to make the best of the situation. I dont really have the money to do this, but im doing it anyways. Thanks for the input though
Well hell I couldnt deny them either... So your looking for a 4 channel amp and a mono for subs?

you should call me so i can see your system and maybe even diagnose whats going on with it.it maybe something easy to fix or adjust ,also i have a new dc 2.0 amp for sale for your subs.650-483-4312 jim i'm pretty much local to you .

Well yea id like a 4 channel for front and rear speakers and a decent amp to power my 2 Rockford T1's. I was happy when I seen the new equipment, but also kinda upset because the person got them without asking me and knowing what my setup was already. Im just trying to make good decisions from here on. which is where you guys come in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

They are the t1d412 so im taking its 4. The hifonics one i mentioned came on very high recommendation from a good friend. My problem is im terrible with amps, power, voice coils, wiring ohms and such. Im just lost lol.

**** between the two of u i might have this system done sooner than later lol. Thanks for all the help guys. I have to go to work now. ill be on later tonight and tomorrow definitely.

Well after a tough week of valentines day/ birthday spending i am finally back to this car deal. I pretty much have everything in hand with what I want to do except for my amp situation. I have been out of the car audio game for awhile so I am not really sure what is what and would more than likely be relying on recommendations before gut feeling. Sonic's website suggested these top amp for my configuration: Hifonics HFi1500D, MB Quart ONX1.1500D, Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D, or Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP. As mylows stated earlier that the hifonics amps really aren't that good anymore, so that narrows down the choices from that list lol. Im basically just left wondering is there something out there that im missing or what is the best bang for my buck option. i dont need anything crazy loud as this will be a daily driver and I probably wont use the full potential of the subs or amps, but I want it to be strong enough to withstand some good solid use. Anyone have any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.