Amp issues...

Participant count
  • Participant list

OmegaBunny
10+ year member

Ok here's what happened...

Wednesday I hooked up my amp and sub. The amp was a brand new SoundStream Rubicon 2500D. I turned the stereo on, and everything played fine. I drove around for about an hour and everything was perfect. The next morning, about 16 hours later, I went out to start my car and it was dead but the amp was still on. When I would try to turn the car over it would thump once like the amp was trying to turn on. I took out my keys and the amp still would not turn off. I pulled the remote wire and it was still on. I removed the fuse and it shut off.

That evening I reinstalled the remote wire and the fuse and it wouldn't turn on. I check the poser and ground at the amp and it was reading 12.8 but the remote wasn't reading anything. I checked the remote at the HU with it disconnected from the amp and it was reading 12/14 with the car off/on. I hooked up the remote up and it read -.8 I ran a different wire and it did the same thing. I tapped into a different source and it is still reading ~ -.8.

What could be going on?

I had a soundstream picasso amp that would stay on no matter what, as long as the power wire was hooked to it, it stayed on, even without a remote lead. Good amp, but drained my battery. My friend had the same amp with the same problem. I don't know if this is a similar problem with your amp, but it sure sounds like it. Maybe try jumping a small wire from the 12v on the amp to the remote and see if it kicks on? Then youll know its your deck or remote or not. Might have to send it in for repair

Id send it in under warranty repair,waste no time with that, and get another amplifier that would be reliable rather than having issues.Just what Id do

Made a jumper from the + to the remote and it kicked on so I tore my dash apart and ran a new remote wire and everything works fine. No idea what happened but I'm not going to complain since its working. I checked everything about a dozen times and it turns on and off, and plays fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.