Need help getting my back hatch window quite

Participant count
  • Participant list

taylor3333
10+ year member

Ive got everything else on my car to stop rattling with dynamat. Now the only this making noise is the window. And I dont want to replace it with wood or anything. Is there any solution to making this window quite? Somehow sealing it better?

Its a 99 ford explorer, btw.

Thanks.

Try adding some weatherstripping around it to isolate it from the frame if you can.

Is there a wiper on it that is adding to the rattle?

That will probably help considerably. Beyond that, there's not going to be much you can do to quiet it down much without getting too "inventive" ie, fugly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.