Need help wih a box design please (2) Sundown Audio E10 V2 Dual 4 wired to 1ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

bosco2023
10+ year member

This box is going into my back up car that recently became my daily. Its a 98 Ford Taurus that has a large trunk but the port hole with rear seats folded is small. So I can fire into the cabin totally sealing off the cabin from the trunk. Im going to be running 2 of the 10's off 1800-1900 rms. My listening is mostly bass tracks, rap, newer rock like seven dust, clutch, chevelle and bands like that. Daily music no spl contests, LOL! but I know from the past that 10's can still get low if the box is tuned right. My last 2 SA-12s on the same amp got really low tuned to 28hz firing up and slot back in my s10 blazer but not sure if these 10's will dig that deep.

using 3/4 Mdf from lowes my max dimensions are:

13'' tall

28.5'' wide

and unlimited depth

firing forward and port forward

If you can recommend a flared port size and length it would be awesome also since all 3 calculators show different and since the power is up there port size will change

Im going to be making my own port again and both ends will flare.

Thank You guys very much!

Rich

a few calculations I did but the port area is a bit small I think . SA says 16 but a 4'' port yields 12. A 5'' is way over at 20.

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this looks better. Running out of room on the front baffle so I think im going to go with 2 4" ports. you can see the sketch on the mdf vs the 6'' port.

image_4.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

What 10's? Port per looks decent on the last pic. Make sure you add in port thickness and bracing if any.
Yes 10's. I have a few amps I can use but since box has to be 1.3 per sub I don't think I'm gonna throw 1k rms onto each one. I wa looking at the newer power acoustik 16000 ape amp for 180.00.

Yes 10's. I have a few amps I can use but since box has to be 1.3 per sub I don't think I'm gonna throw 1k rms onto each one. I wa looking at the newer power acoustik 16000 ape amp for 180.00.
I mean what subs?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

What 10's? Port per looks decent on the last pic. Make sure you add in port thickness and bracing if any.
sorry for the delay, I tried to reply from my phone a few times today but kept getting errors. Im going with SA E10 D4 subs wired to 1 ohm Maybe 500-700 rms to each. Still trying to play with the numbers. Really would like to get the net volumn to 2.5 cuft. I picked up some 1/8'' thin wall sewer pvc pipe today. Its 4'' diameter. What king of volume do you think is takin up for 2 of them 16" long. And maybe 3-4 feet of 3/4 dowel rod

What's the pvc pipe for? Hopefully not your new box because the port can be incorporated utlizing part of the box. Or an aeroport would help too.

Those PVC pipes are so old school!

What's the pvc pipe for? Hopefully not your new box because the port can be incorporated utlizing part of the box. Or an aeroport would help too.
Those PVC pipes are so old school!
The aero kits are like 30$ X2. Im gonna make them for 12$ total

image_5.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

Nice. Make sure you got room for those flange lips....they don't interfere with anything else.

Cute 4" calipers lol

I would use ply birch myself but not only more $$ but is lightweight compared to MDF.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.