Need help with new indash

Participant count
  • Participant list

baseballer1100
5,000+ posts

My life be like....
Kentucky
I just got my new/used CVA-1004 and i already had an alpine headunit so i just hooked the existing harness to the new one...i took out the brake wire from the harness the guy gave me and put it in the existing one. When i turn on the dvd player it says screen not showing safety reasons. where do i hook this up and how do i get it to play dvds while im driving? for passengers of course

is there any other way other than buying the bypass box? and its not only when im mving thats the least im worried about it wont play when im not moving..soo i guess i need to know where to put the wire for the brake

When I had a Pioneer indash screen, all I had to do was ground that wire to bypass the safety mechanism. Oh, just read that you tried to do that and it didn't work...

read the instructions... there is supposed to be a brake wire and i think a parking brake wire... brake wire goes to 12v... parking brake goes to ground... and it can't be permanently connected because they have to be toggled... read the manual and make a valet/toggle switch to make it work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.