Need help with setup, I'm completely new to this:

brancaster
10+ year member

florida
Hey everyone,

First off let me say that I'm completely new to this so bear with me.

What I need help with is determining everything I need for a complete setup that sounds good.

What I have right now is:

Two 12-inch Arsenal Speakers

&

Two amplifiers (one works perfectly, the other only runs at half power)

So what else do I need to complete the setup?

I need help with everything down to the gauge of wiring I need.

Also, if it helps any, the system will be going into a Mazda 3.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

you need a wiring kit. depending on your wattage, depends on gauge of wire. i have 6 gauage running about 800 watts..

upping to 0 gauge for 2200, 1 run of 0 gauge is good for about 3000 watts, if your lucky.

so, you need a power wire,

ground wire,

remote wire,

RCA's,

should do the BIG 3.

Do you already have a box for the subs ?

Do you know the rms power of the 2 amps? This would be actual power not the inflated number on the box they came in more likely in a manual or just give me the fuse rating that will give you a maxium power the amp could supply

Have you looked at door speakers? Components tend to be a much better sound than coaxial but they do require a bit more space and sometimes planning

Have you picked out a headunit? This is something not to go cheap on a cheaper headunit will affect the sound of the overall setup

the full power amp would not be nearly enough power to power these subs. You need roughly 700 rms watts since each sub is rated at 350. bridged that amp does 200. Also depending on what kind of head-unit you want will depend how much you will spend.

Rebel,

Is there anyway I can check the functionality and power of the amps? I was told when I got them that one was half power. If it is, can I fix it?

You don't need 700 W RMS to power the subs, less power means lower volume, even 350W RMS is only 3dB quieter.

Son, you should consider paying a shop for the install and letting them provide the accessories. A lot of parts and pieces are required for a fully functioning system and the installation is crucial for safety, reliability, and sound quality.

You have a lot of reading ahead of you if you want to learn. Look through the build logs to get an idea of what is required.

You need to have the knowledge and equipment to test amplifiers. You will not be able to determine output capability with your current experience and I assume you lack the tools necessary. Not many people can/do. An electronics repair shop can.

Keep_hope_alive,

Thanks for the feedback.

I plan on getting the system professional installed, I just want to make sure I have all of the equipment before I get there.

Now with the amp/sub combo I have, you said I don't need 700 w to power the subs. Im not looking to blow up my neighborhood with sound, so would the one amp he okay to use with the subs?

youd probably be better off just using one of the subs with the one amp. you said boxe(s) as in plural, do they have seperate boxes? And RCAs are the wires that transmit the sound to your amplifier. definately read up a bit on here before you go to the shop to have it installed. better to be prepared so they dont try to rob you. Most shops wont but there are ones out there that will take advantage of ya im sure

destined2race,

Yeah the subs have separate boxes. Would using only one sub and one amp affect the sound greatly?

Also, would I be able to wire the door speakers into the setup? I'm assuming they would wire into a new HU, right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.