Need recommendations. G37 Coupe Build. $2k budget.

Participant count
  • Participant list

copernicus
10+ year member

Hi!

I just got a new G37 coupe that came with the bose/nav system and I am dramatically unhappy with the sound. I haven't had a good system in my car for about ten years, but I remember what awesome sounds like and this isn't it...

So, I want to make some changes and I'm looking for recommendations. I'm comfortable with having the bose system ripped out and replacing everything. My budget is roughly $2k, plus install costs, though if I can achieve what I want with spending less I'm happy to do so.

Here are my goals:

1. Vastly improved sound quality. I listen to all types of music so I need a system that is good all-around.

2. Significantly more bass.

3. Losing a minimum of trunk/cabin space. The g37 trunk is already pretty tiny...

4. No changes to the look of the dash. I want it to look stock, just sound amazing.

5. No changes I can't have undone in 3 years if I decide to turn the car in at the end of the lease.

I have a 10w6v2 sitting around from an old install, but that's it. If I can use that, great. If not, I'll just sell it.

So...hit me with your ideas! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

theres an assload of build logs with g35s and 37s at diymobileaudio.com. id check those out

i think the 37s have stock 10"s in the doors, how about putting w6s in the doors?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.