Need some electrical advise 5k RMS build

lvfive.o
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Las Vegas
Besides doing the obvious big 3. I am not quite sure what do electrical wise. I am going to run some of David's (Team PSI's) stage 2 subs, with two Sundown 2500D so they will put out roughly 5k RMS. On top of that I am also going to run a Sundown 100.4. This is all going in a 2005 Honda Accord.

Now should I make two runs of 0 gauge to the trunk? I am not sure I am going to be able to make them through the car as I have always done, is there another way around that is safe? Then run an additional car audio battery back there? I am not so sure about changing the alternator last time I looked there was nothing out there (This was two years ago when I had 2 IA 20.1's and 2 RE Audio 12" XXXs that never made it in there). By all means suggestions are wide open, there is no one in Las Vegas that can do a descent install and I am going to have to do it after breaking my collarbone with a titanium plate in my shoulder so the easier I can do it while still being safe, I am listening.

I had a 2005 Nissan Frontier and ran two IA 20.1's two 05 XXX and ran just a yellow top up front and besides dimming problems I never dropped below 14v, I don't remember the Alternator size, but it was like 60amp I want to say. I have always been under the impression, and I am not undermining your help, that batteries after they drain end up becoming more of a strain on the charging system. I am not sure if that is correct as I have always just ran deep cycle batteries up front with nothing in back. But I have ran my share of big amps it has just been so long I forgot almost everything I knew,

You cannot run 5kw on your stock alt. You'll need a good HO alt, at least 3 good batts (preferably 4-5), the big 3, and a whole lot of 1/0. If you want to run with the big boys you need to step up your electrical system big time.

I had a 2005 Nissan Frontier and ran two IA 20.1's two 05 XXX and ran just a yellow top up front and besides dimming problems I never dropped below 14v, I don't remember the Alternator size, but it was like 60amp I want to say. I have always been under the impression, and I am not undermining your help, that batteries after they drain end up becoming more of a strain on the charging system. I am not sure if that is correct as I have always just ran deep cycle batteries up front with nothing in back. But I have ran my share of big amps it has just been so long I forgot almost everything I knew,
Dimming = less than 14v. Your whole post was useless. Please educate yourself by reading. You should never attempt to help someone when you do not know more than they do on the subject.

You cannot run 5kw on your stock alt. You'll need a good HO alt, at least 3 good batts (preferably 4-5), the big 3, and a whole lot of 1/0. If you want to run with the big boys you need to step up your electrical system big time.
Exactly....

you wanna play, you must pay for the needed electrical upgrades.

Umm I am not sure what you guys are running but I have ran big before. Nevermind the advice if it is going to be condescending. If you guys think that money is an issue it's not, I just don't want to **** it away. I have ran multiple RE 05 XXXs, MX's, FI BTLs, RE 36.1, 35.1s, IA 20.1s strapped. Which by looking at your guys signatures appears to be much larger than anything than some of you are running, I said some not all. So I will just figure it out it out on my own. Thought a question wouldn't hurt but you always have to have someone chime in.

No, everything said is good advice you need to take into consideration. Not trying to be condescending at all. For that amount of power you need serious electrical upgrades. A stock honda accord alt is probably under 100 amps, and you are going to be pulling 250+ amps of current, it just wont work for the long term. Either you alt/battery is going to go bad, and if your lucky, your amps wont burn up from the low voltage and excess heat. Upgrading your alt and additional batteries is not throwing your money away, It is making your set-up right and reliable.

i say bull crap on this man. i have a 05 with the 4.0 v6 with 110-115 amp alt. i have 2 ups batts in back with just my discus amp on them. i still get a slight dip at idle.

I'm going to run around 5k in amps soon and my plans are 2 runs of 0 gauge, I have a 250a alt, and 3 Shuriken BT120's. So around 2k in electrcial upgrades to run 2k in equipment. Shit gets expensive.

I was running a single Atomic 5000.1 amp daily for a couple months last summer, and will again this summer. I had the stock 105 amp alt, with an XS Power VCM and two XS Power D3100's with a couple runs of 0/1 ga Knu wire, never had any voltage issues. I seriously doubt an Accord Alt has anymore than 80 amps, so unless you have an adjustable regulator your gonna have to replace it, or buy an external regulator. MechMan and XS Power make them, but might have to check that they have the one for your vehicle, if not then you should get a price on a new alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.