new and old Amp wont power up.no clue why.worked before,help needed

BIGPETEROCK

hi everyone,i have a question/problem about my amp.i recently bought a new amp to push my 10' sub in a box.because i had a small pioneer amp and it wasnt pushing the sub too hard.so i got an amp that was more powerful.ok heres the problem,i un-installed the wiring to the pioneer amp and installed it into the new amp.and i got nothing.first i thought the amp was dead and didnt work,so i rewired the cables to the old one and again i got nothing.so then i knew it wasnt the new amp that wasnt working.now the next thing i look at is my wiring/amp kit.i seen that the terminals werent tight on the wires.so i tightened them on the terminals again.and taped em up ans their tight now,then i went to to wire the old pioneer amp back up and still nothing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif .now im not an audio expert by any means .and i know you all are.so please please give me some kind of advice or info that can help me,maybe some tricks you guys know.any and all help is much appreciated guys,thanxxxx

Try running a constant on lead from your battery to the remote turn on to your amp. If your remote lead from the HU is fused you might want to check that fuse. Along with all the other fuses with your amp wiring kit. Make sure your grounds are clean and tight.

the fuses arent burnt out and what do u mean by grounds , plural???the only ground i have hooked up is my ground wire from the amp to the metal in my trunk.what other ground do i need?the amp did power up for me before i disconnected it when i was going to put the new amp in

By grounds I ment the ground at your amp, and also the Neg Battery terminal. (which is ground for the whole car).

Did you try running a temp. remote turn on from your battery?

By grounds I ment the ground at your amp, and also the Neg Battery terminal. (which is ground for the whole car).
Did you try running a temp. remote turn on from your battery?
ya me too, and also check your rca's, on might have come loose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.