New Build

Alright awesome. What do you recommend for the see true part? Should I just use normal tempered glass, Plexiglass, or something? Also, do you guys know of any companies/ websites that can make custom metal framing or the best places for amp racks?
Thank you so much Doxquzme, I would not be able to do this without you. Also nice setup in your Mazda 3
Mack :)

Should I just use normal tempered glass - Absolutely not.
Plexiglass - Yes.

custom metal framing - Look up sheet metal or metal fabrication or fabricators in the area you are located in. If they don't do what you want, they may know someone that dies.

Alright Bingo. Sorry if I ask so many questions lol, im good in fabricating it but am not so smart on the actual schematics lmao. For the LED’s, are there certain brands, or a certain type I should get? Are there special auto led lights for this type of stuff, or should I have my friend try to pull power from the amp to power them.

I know very little about aesthetic bells and whistles. I do know that you can use a relay to turn the lighting off and on if you want it to go on/off with the sound system. Anything that is not related to sound should not be physically integrated with the sound system. That said, your amplifier(s) are power users, not givers. They are never to be used as an electrical power source for anything (excluding a possible remote amp turn pass-through).

Oooh ok. Would I need a special amp to have a TV hooked up to it to simultaneously play with the bass/speakers? I want to include a tv so I can have the trunk open while with my friends, and fabricate it to where we can chill outside the car with a music video playing. Also, can I have the subwoofers at a 45 degree angle, or will it cancel/ruin the bass.
Thank you for answering all my crazy questions,

Well, TV/video utilizes the sound of the system, but me thinks that you are getting a little confused, I think. Your amps, your components are end users of the electrical feed/system not sources for the electrical to other components. You would usually/only incorporate items that interact as Tv/Vid/Music all do. That said, you don't use electrical from the amps or other components in the system unless that provides a specific service for the systems such as passing a remote turn-on. That is what things like this are for:

Amazon product ASIN B0C7KQSHHM

Last edited:
I've seen ads for similar type stuff, (especially custom center consoles that look like that) on facebook.

If you plan on trying to do this yourself, here is my favorite guy that I learned from.

Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but this guy should certainly give you ideas and tips on how to build it.
Mark is very Knowledgeable and very creative as well. I like him and the builds/installs he has done over the years.

Alright sweet I’m checking them out right now. Do you guys know of a possibility to build into the floor of the truck? I want to remove the floor of the trunk, build it in wood/vinyl and put the amps on floating mounts with leds enclosed by glass to show off the amps. Do you guys know if this is possible or will it mess with the structural integrity of the car? The trunk does not have a “flip up” storage unit such as other cars like the forester
You can rip it all out down to metal flooring and start from scratch. You may just need to consider where you are going to place your spare tire and Jack be all I can think of. Be a good time to do some sound deadening too/ and insulating.

it depends on what you want to spend. I often drive around and find huge pieces of floorboard material (chipboard) and ply at build sites for free. 13-ply birch plywood is great if you're made of money as it is both anti-resonant and lightweight - and $80 to $100 a sheet EXPENSIVE! Generally, I use MDF. Easy to work with, smooth service that bonds with glue well and it's fairly inexpensive and dense.
That and even Plywood works well to build with even. Smooth on one side /rough on the other or even smooth on both sides do well for builds and can be cost effective as well. Weight will need to be considered for the addition of the build for the suspension(Shocks and Leafsprings,)

Keep in mind that the added weight you place in the rear of the vehicle. You may or may not need to add heavier duty Leaf springs and or Shocks to accommodate the weight additions.

Hey guys, thanks for taking your time to read my post. I need a little help. I have a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT. I have a system inside of it already, a 12 inch Alpine S, Club A5055 amp, High end Pioneer Headunit, and Infinity Kappa high end speakers. I want to take this build to the next level. I want to put 3 Alpine Type R’s 12’s into my trunk, fiberglass,Glass,LEDs, and small screens. Are there shops/websites that do this type of custom work? I am a mechanical engineering student and am doing graphical design too so I have a pretty good idea of what I want this to look like and I have friends that have wired car audio since years. I was wonderin, if I have to build it myself or if you guys recommend building it myself. Is it hard to build a box or is there a special way? Here are some pics online (I don’t know the original posters I apologize) that I want it to look similar too. I was also wondering if I could build into the floor of my truck, like put my amps on mounts down there, seal it with glass and put leds all around. Are there any websites that sell everything I need such as leds mini tvs or Medium Density Fiberboard. And if you guys have any tips/suggestions on what it should look like. I had an old account on this website, but lost access to it. I was also wondering what would be the best amps for power and their looks and the info on what the best amps,subs, speakers or brands you guys recommend
Thank you guys so much!
Well down in San diego we audio lux they def have one of the best fabricators on west coast

Alright awesome. What do you recommend for the see true part? Should I just use normal tempered glass, Plexiglass, or something? Also, do you guys know of any companies/ websites that can make custom metal framing or the best places for amp racks?
Thank you so much Doxquzme, I would not be able to do this without you. Also nice setup in your Mazda 3
Jim machine worx for racks

from what I’ve heard and seen, alpine type R seems to be one of the best subwoofers. I want to put dual 12 inch Alpine Type R’s. Do you guys think Alpine or another brand is better?. For the Amplifier, what would be great for powering these things since they use a lot of power. I want to keep my JBL ClubA5055 to power my tweeters, speakers, and such. What Amplifier would be best in you guys opinion. Do you guys think Triple Subs do better than dual? My trunk is big enough to fit 3 right next to each other.
Thank you guys so much :)
Mack

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...