New Build

from what I’ve heard and seen, alpine type R seems to be one of the best subwoofers. I want to put dual 12 inch Alpine Type R’s. Do you guys think Alpine or another brand is better?. For the Amplifier, what would be great for powering these things since they use a lot of power. I want to keep my JBL ClubA5055 to power my tweeters, speakers, and such. What Amplifier would be best in you guys opinion. Do you guys think Triple Subs do better than dual? My trunk is big enough to fit 3 right next to each other.
Thank you guys so much :)
Mack
Also, my speakers are quite loud, but I feel like they can be way louder and feel like they are kind of being limited. Would I need a separate 2 channel?

Keep in mind that the added weight you place in the rear of the vehicle. You may or may not need to add heavier duty Leaf springs and or Shocks to accommodate the weight additi

Well down in San diego we audio lux they def have one of the best fabricators on west coast
Ha, La Mesa home boy here, Grossmont/SD State Grad, shout out to my homie man!

from what I’ve heard and seen, alpine type R seems to be one of the best subwoofers. I want to put dual 12 inch Alpine Type R’s. Do you guys think Alpine or another brand is better?. For the Amplifier, what would be great for powering these things since they use a lot of power. I want to keep my JBL ClubA5055 to power my tweeters, speakers, and such. What Amplifier would be best in you guys opinion. Do you guys think Triple Subs do better than dual? My trunk is big enough to fit 3 right next to each other.
Thank you guys so much :)
Mack

Amazon product ASIN B08JPHRFKJ
Amazon product ASIN B07QTKBHCR
American Bass XFL subs are great for the $ too. but step up to the Hawk for a bit more power handling for the $.This would be a great amp for all mentioned above. The Type Rs are ok and decent but not like the older version. These mentioned will walk all over the Rs in a properly tuned enclosure. That amp is a beast. Id run a pair of subs or quads, I dont like to run Odd Ohm loads, You loose out on the potential and performance for the entire substage to me most of the time.

A Taramps smart 3 at $259 saves $140 and some square footage:

$259

With a pair of these (in either dual 2ohm or dual 4ohm):

$360.98 (pair)

And, if you have the room, these could elevate the volume and the amount of air movement to new levels that the pair of 12's won't match:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050326623...d=link&campid=5335951755&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

$379 (pair)

Those AB 12's are pretty hard to beat though...

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a "family" of resources available to you. I generally use Amazon or eBay resellers, and manufacturer sites, there are some really reputable eBay dealers like @bigjeffaudio, @sonicelctronics, @skyhighcaraudiocable, @stereo-needs (love these guys), just to name a few (Just google it). Crutchfield is great and though not always the cheapest, I try and buy from them as they support the car audio community in a big way. As for brands, everyone has an opinion and you know what they say about opinions, they're like a$$holes, everyone has one!

The honest truth is, in the 90's, I would read all the tech tips in Crutchfield. I later used that knowledge to become a professional installer and later became Master Certified. Funny to think that it all started with reading the Crutchfield catalogs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...