New guy needs some help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have choosen the rockford fosgate punch 800.2 amp now I need to know what the best way to wire it up (ex. wire gauge ,distribution block ,etc. " ?

Originally posted by Ynot:I have choosen the rockford fosgate punch 800.2 amp now I need to know what the best way to wire it up (ex. wire gauge ,distribution block ,etc. " ?
Okay let's see here are you going to run more than one amp? If not you don't really need a distribution block. But if later on down the road you decide to add more amps it's an easy add on.

For the correct wire gauge I don't know how long of a run we are talking about. But 4gauge would be a safe bet. And remember to use the same gauge for power and ground.

I appreciated all of your info and help Ramos . I have found it extremely helpful . Looks like I got some shopping to do tomorrow .

Cool Have fun let us know how it turns out. If ya need any more help just post. And I'll do my best to help ya

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ynot

10+ year member
Ynot
New Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from