New HU new problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

GlassEyez
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so I bought a used alpine cda 9886 on here. Installed it fine no problem. Now at random times for no apparent reason the bass goes from normal to like someone hit the bass boost or somethin n shits super powered all the sudden. I've switched rcas, checked all grounds including big 3 grounds, and checked connections inside sub box. Still havin the problem. It happens when I'm moving, when I'm parked, doesn't matter total random. I'm stumped any ideas?

Cliffs:

New HU

Bass jumpin up n down

Checked rcas, grounds, etc

Still stumped

Sounds like there is some sort of loose connection on the board inside the HU that houses the RCA outputs which is making a bad resistance and then when it falls into place accidentally you get the full voltage of the RCA...just a thought

I'm wondering do I need a bigger ground wire for that deck? Cuz when I have it turned up for a while the deck starts to stink like burning beans. The ground wire off the HU was like 14ga but the stock ground comin from the car is like 18 or 20ga. Should I just ground the hu to the chassis wit same size ground wire or is the difference in wires not an issue? Cuz that's what I'm thinkin maybe the problem is? The deck is overheating or not getting adequate power cuz of lacking ground wire.

couldnt hurt to ground to a chassis location, I would use the 14 ga wire just in case. There are ALOT of people who wont even consider using the factory ground for the HU because of alt whine risk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.