New Install

mesagsxbkr
10+ year member

I just bought an Elemental designs e12a, 1100d, Focal K2p's and a JL 300/2. I went to my local audio shop, and they quoted me 675 for the install. This includes two 4 gauge runs from the battery that have a circut breaker, Stinger Bullet rca's (I think they are bullet, they are the silver ones, the middle quality onees, below the dream rca's), and a box. Is this a good price for a basic install? If it was cheaper equipment, I would do the install myself, but with these I really dont want to mess it up. Am I getting screwed on the price? thanks

$675!! Put that money in your pocket and save it for a rainy day. I was 15 when I installed my first system, along with most people in the car audio scene. Take some time and read up on instalation. I dont see the point in spending that much when you can do it yourself for free.

Heres a few places for help:

Building a box - http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/boxcon.htm

Installing an amp - http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/ampinstall.htm

Basically everthing technical - http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/

Your basically set from there. If youve got a question (do a search first of course) then ask on this board. You'll usually get an answer pretty quick. peace...

PS - The price of your equipment dosent matter when your running wires, pulling the dash apart, or building a box. All you do with the equipment is "drop them in" and turn the key...

THat is very big rip off.

Reminds me of a place called Ram Car Audio of Mentor Ohio..

(I know you ****ers are lerking around...eat ****)

anyways

read the guides left by Wood and just do it yourself...just make a few days of it and do it right...dont rush through any aspect of it and you'll be much richer.

**** I'd drive to Ill to do your install for half that...so just do it yourself.

if anything...have loneranger build you a box!!! save a lot of money...and perform even better!! and, the other install stuff we can help walk ya through...ask questions..tons of them if u need to...that's why u come here! so, save some money...and do it partially urself, and loneranger would def. build u a great box. peace

NG

dat'a rip off imo.

hmm, i mean it wont make a diff if u get $$ stuff or cheap stuff i u wanna install it urself. the cheap stuff wont be more prone to break when u layin everythin out in the car, it could be more prone to break after a while of using them.

u could just run 0/1 awg from bat to trunk (~$70), ANL Fuse holder with fuse ($30), 2 distros ($70), RCAs ($50), box and spk wire (~$70), so dat's around $300 if u try to buy some $$ stuff. knukonceptz makes some great stuff for a really affordable price so check them out.

the install for ur car shouldn't be more than $150-200 at a shop.

if u do it urself u save more money, and u learn a hell lot quicker than readin stuff online.

I really do think they are charging alot , I think alot of the cost though is coming from the RCA's (I think they are charging around 60 a piece) and the two 4 gauge runs. I dont know what to do!

Do it yourself. It sounds like a lot of work at first, but its really not that hard once you read up on it. And yes, get LoneRanger to build you a box to your specs for cheaper...

no way man, 300 at the max! Learn to do it yourself, you'll probly find it fun like I did, and want to do it more and more. Plus you have the bragging rights, plus you'll be able to sound smart when talking to your friends. Make the right choice.

That is a lot of cash to pay, but if it is worth it to you then go for it. I would say that when you do it yourself, you will know it inside and out and can fix and change when you want. Also shop love to change the price when in the middle of the install! ( you all know the you need more wire or dist block, Or the box is going to cost a bit more) I would say do it your self as it really is very easy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mesagsxbkr

10+ year member
mesagsxbkr
New jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from