New Pioneer Speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

huberoy123
10+ year member

I just replaced the upper door speakers in my Mustang with Pioneer - 6" x 8" -4-way Coaxial Speakers. I was pleasantly surprised at the sound. They are rated at 60-watts each with a 350-watts peak. I really like them. I'm powering them and a pair of rear deck speakers with a Pioneer GM-A4704 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier. Anyone else using pioneer equipment?

I just replaced the upper door speakers in my Mustang with Pioneer - 6" x 8" -4-way Coaxial Speakers. I was pleasantly surprised at the sound. They are rated at 60-watts each with a 350-watts peak. I really like them. I'm powering them and a pair of rear deck speakers with a Pioneer GM-A4704 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier. Anyone else using pioneer equipment?
Pioneer speakers get overlooked a lot. They kind of created this years ago when they whored themselves out to everyone everywhere. I've used their PRS and Stage 4, Carrozzeria in many setups. I regularly post this eBay seller selling them all day long (at $99 instead of $249) as they are truly a quality set of comps at a real budget price that can compete with any other in the $200-300 price segment.

The tweeters alone run $129 a pair. pioneer is still considered a high-end brand in other parts of the world. Some of their subs and comps rival the best that Europe and the US have to offer. They just don't care to compete in the US market as direct distributors with their highest-end products. They routinely win competitions for SPL and other SQ events, more so in Asia and Europe where their Premier Reference Standard (PRS), Carrozzeria, and Stage 4 are readily available.

Not sure many know this, but they are also one of the largest manufacturers of "other" brands products (and speaker drivers as a whole) throughout the world. They have a pretty substantial R&D and when they decide to, put out some really outstanding stuff!

They are often first to market with stuff like DSP (think DEH-P80PRS, 960PRS< 880PRS, Etc.)time alignment, stuff that they often were promotors of before they were becoming the norm.

The pioneer 4-way design is actually a 2.5 as they use a moderately crossed mid-tweeter and two other tweeters to carry the higher frequency.

Last edited:
I havent tried Pioneer in quite a few years. Though it sounds like you are happy with your purchase, and I may be as well when a set of components come in that @Doxquzme has recommended to others that I decided to try for myself. The specs look great and the price is very nice. I figured why not try them out??They arent my go to CDT speakers, Polks, or Kappas? But Im always willing to try something new if I can swing the funds. I can always use them regardless, even as a testing set of speakers? they should be here next week sometime. I will let you all know how they sound and do for me. Im curious as to what kind of tweeter housings the set comes with. Pioneer was some really great stuff back in the day, and had some really nice HUs for quite a while. I have gotten a Used Pioneer 160BT HU on a portion of a trade recently(Not a 4vor 5vHU) But I have a Preamp EQ to boost up signal to 7+v if needed. I havent really messed with it yet other than power it up make sure its working and hit menu stats

Pioneer TS-Z65C 6.5 components.

Pioneer speakers get overlooked a lot. They kind of created this years ago when they whored themselves out to everyone everywhere. I've used their PRS and Stage 4, Carrozzeria in many setups. I regularly post this eBay seller selling them all day long (at $99 instead of $249) as they are truly a quality set of comps at a real budget price that can compete with any other in the $200-300 price segment.

The tweeters alone run $129 a pair. pioneer is still considered a high-end brand in other parts of the world. Some of their subs and comps rival the best that Europe and the US have to offer. They just don't care to compete in the US market as direct distributors with their highest-end products. They routinely win competitions for SPL and other SQ events, more so in Asia and Europe where their Premier Reference Standard (PRS), Carrozzeria, and Stage 4 are readily available.

Not sure many know this, but they are also one of the largest manufacturers of "other" brands products (and speaker drivers as a whole) throughout the world. They have a pretty substantial R&D and when they decide to, put out some really outstanding stuff!

They are often first to market with stuff like DSP (think DEH-P80PRS, 960PRS< 880PRS, Etc.)time alignment, stuff that they often were promotors of before they were becoming the norm.

The pioneer 4-way design is actually a 2.5 as they use a moderately crossed mid-tweeter and two other tweeters to carry the higher frequency.
I just picked up a set of those speakers/components as you recommended for the $. I am curious as to what tweeter Housings come with the kit. They should be in next week sometime. If I like them , Ill surely pick up another set or 3 more.

I just picked up a set of those speakers/components as you recommended for the $. I am curious as to what tweeter Housings come with the kit. They should be in next week sometime. If I like them , Ill surely pick up another set or 3 more.
cool beans! I like metal domes, ones that play nice anyway. I think the composite mid-bass cones are fairly uncolored too. Love to hear what you think. Hopefully, I'm not just going deaf! The pioneer site has some pretty good lit on them, as expected but all the same:

I'm running these:

And these:

I really liked some of the Vifa and SEAS Alloy domes and the old-school MB Quart!

cool beans! I like metal domes, ones that play nice anyway. I think the composite mid-bass cones are fairly uncolored too. Love to hear what you think. Hopefully, I'm not just going deaf! The pioneer site has some pretty good lit on them, as expected but all the same:

I'm running these:

And these:

I really liked some of the Vifa and SEAS Alloy domes and the old-school MB Quart!
I believe I still have a set of Vifa tweets (4ohm ). Ill have to dig this summer for them as they are packed atm up front. They will be here next week. Ill get them in that following weekend and try them out.

I'm running these:

And these:

Those both look really nice. Im a sucker for CFiber speakers. I like Alumn/Titan. tweeters for some reason they just sound more crisp to me

s-l1200.webp

I think these are in my future for her build. I usually prefer silk domes but for the price I don’t think I can complain
considering you can do fronts and rears for $100 less than one pair of ID's, kind of an easy decision. Nothin off ID, but these are good comps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...