New Pioneer Speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Appears there is no tweeter level adjustment on that compact set right? Is it default to like 0db or what? I'd keep them
passive to keep it simple.

The 85db sensativity seems relativly low any issues with them getting loud enough on say 75 watts?? I've only had ones 90db or above.

That is the one drawback. When I got mine, I was running the front Z65CHs active up front. Recently, I added 2" kappa mids to the front and needed one of the four channels used in the rears for the front stage, 6 channels up front, 2 channels in back with the passives on the rears. Still tuned with the DM810, but not fully active in the back, and used the ts-Z65ch crossovers that are a little nicer and have the attenuation circuit on them on the rears when i changed them out. I'm using them on full, not tuned down at all. I have the better crossovers but only because I am fully active in the front and ran out of channels of amplification when I through in the 2" Kappa mids. I don't lack for power so really can't say, I have 150 watts to the front 6.5's and the rear comps, 65 watts to the front mids and 50 watts to the tweeters and it gets louder than can be listened to comfortably for most. That said, 5db is nothing to sneeze at, you'll likely hear it as it is about a 25% reduction given the same size drivers and same power given.

Appears there is no tweeter level adjustment on that compact set right? Is it default to like 0db or what? I'd keep them
passive to keep it simple.

The 85db sensativity seems relativly low any issues with them getting loud enough on say 75 watts?? I've only had ones 90db or above.
85-88 is pretty common, but more and more are coming out with drivers that are 2ohm and very efficient too. The 88-90+ is becoming more common, more readily available at reasonable prices. With the abundence of power I am pushing, was not really a concern, for me that is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...