New Second Skin Product - Need some input - SPL Sludge

Anthony Collova
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Scottsdale
If you guys are familiar with our line of sound deadening products you know that we sell Spectrum and Sludge.

Same exact product until the activator is added in which case the Spectrum thickness up from a viscosity of chocolate syrup to peanut butter and no long is sprayable with our undercoating gun.

In the process of developing our new bed liner we have come across some very interesting additives and fillers.

One of the additives is a long strand rubber that can be used as a basket weave in the coating. This will add tensile strength with improved elongation and surface area.

Basically it is little rubber strands that are like a bunch of little pieces of chopped up spaghetti that grab on to one antoehr and increase the strength of the coating by as much as 400%

Right now we use 2 different rubber powders. These would be removed and so would the mineral filler so that we could make room for the rubber. What is nice is that the rubber has an oil absorption rate of zero so we can add a ton of it to the resin without worrying about it cracking or separating.

This means that there will be a higher resin count, a higher rubber count, and it will be much stronger than the regular Sludge product.

Only down side is that the cost might go up about 15% or so.

Would you guys like to see something like this come to market?

ANT

Would it work better for deadening than your current products?
In certain frequencies it will, but the idea is to use it on the weakest sheet metal in the car. Like the roof for example. With 140-160 D-bees swarming around the cabin, a lot of energy is lost or rather wasted bytransfering the energy in to the sheet metal. This would be designed to strengthen up the sheet metal, reduce flex, kill vibrations and increase SPL. There will be some tweeking to do, but nothing that is beyond my abilities.

ANT

Ant you have become a mad scientist at this crap, be happy with what you already have come up with and be happy. Think about it, your running all the other companies out of business the way it is. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

In certain frequencies it will, but the idea is to use it on the weakest sheet metal in the car. Like the roof for example. With 140-160 D-bees swaming around the cabin, a lot of energy is lost or rather wasted bytransfering the energy in to the sheet metal. This would be designed to strengthen up the sheet metal, reduce flex, kill vibrations and increase SPL. There will be some tweeking to do, but nothing that is beyond my abilities.
ANT
I love the way this is put, in particular, the confidence.

It would be interesting to see, nonetheless.

A 15% increase in the sludge *****, but the fact is that if no products can compare - how can you honestly complain?

15% isn't to awful bad of an increase, but idk if it would be worth it, it might not sell enough.

seems to me people like roof flex or something, people think it stands for how loud you are. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

im talking about hood rats, not serious SPL competitors

15% isn't to awful bad of an increase, but idk if it would be worth it, it might not sell enough.
seems to me people like roof flex or something, people think it stands for how loud you are. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

im talking about hood rats, not serious SPL competitors
Ever see the guys that put aluminum cans in the trunk full of washers to incrase the "knock" ?

This is not for them.

i am very interested. would this product also be good to fill holes? and large areas? as well as to layer onto existing damp pro?
Filling large holes - - - that was something I was curious about in regards to the product vs using foam or something and the effects of that.

I have a few holes to fill //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif lol

anyway it can be in a aerosol can and used like "great stuff"?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

well wishful thinking anyway

anyway it can be in a aerosol can and used like "great stuff"?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D
well wishful thinking anyway
Silicone spray foam is available in solvent free verisons with limited VOC //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.