New Setup need SQ Subwoofers

caligirl2k
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I wanna get some good SQ Subs, but Im not sure what type of subs to look for. I listen to a lot of R&B, Hip Hop & Rap so what would be good oh yeah Im not on a budget. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif If anyone could give any good suggestions/advice, personal experience, etc I would appreciate it, thanks!!

Wattage on hand? ported or sealed? And most important for you girls.. size?

as just for suggestions, I'd suggest an Idmax. IMO, it does great with all types of music and only needs 500-750w to really get down.

New SI Mags are supposed to have awesome SQ i have the last model and love them.. new ones are $250 each and require a sealed box

Recently heard and ID max 12 and i must agree with James it was very pleasing at only 500 WRMS.

Great bass response and quick, not to mention loud!

Just coming here and saying "I want SQ, I listen to rap, I have no budget" pretty much tells us jack.

Go find someone with some Velodyne servo-drives, ask how much they would take for them, then come back here and let us know what your budget really is.

I don't agree when people say "I am not on a budget"

So if we recommend you two 12" subs that are 1400 bucks a pop, you'll go out and get em?

I don't understand.

I have three Image Dynamics OEM 10s for sale. One has a slightly bent basket that could be easily fixed. $75 plus shipping for each of the good ones, $50 plus shipping for the damaged one.

Otherwise, if you really aren't on a budget, maybe try an Aura NS12

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=121&products_id=80

There are tons of good subs out there though. The new SI Mag just came out, although the first shipment is already sold out. Polk SR, ID Max, JL W6, and a ton more I can't think of because my brain isn't working.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.