New Speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BockSTK

Hello everyone, I've been creeping the forums here for a while and finally joined up. I just got a new-to-me car and am trying to decide what I should do for sound. I got an 07 Mercedes C230, with the base radio and speakers and all that.

I have a set of Focal Access 165 A1 components and Focal Access 130 CA1 coaxials. I'm trying to decide if I should just put those in the new car (they were in my old car for a year) or if I should try something new. I was told I could fit bigger speakers than the 130 CA1 coaxes in the rear doors (they are 5.25").

So, in researching I've come across a lot of brands I don't really know anything about. The shop I always go to sells Focal and Hertz, so I've heard those. And I know that Focal has a rep for really bright tweets. But what about Morel, DLS, PHD, CDT, ID, Diamond...I know this stuff is subjective, but I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to weigh in their opinions. The one that has peaked my interest of late is the Morel Tempo 6. I'm looking for something in that price range, really any brand listed or otherwise, that sounds good. Sound quality is what I'm after, without spending the proverbial arm and a leg. I plan to move my JL amps to this car, either move my Kenwood double din over or get a new Pioneer double din with the app radio features (AVH-4000NEX has caught my eye) and will add a couple 10's or 12's. I have some Kicker CVR 10's that I've run in my last 3 cars...so they'll probably end up in this one too. Hahahaha

I listen to a little of everything, and I really love clarity in my music.

Thank you in advance.

I'm new here as well but I'll throw in a few pennies. I like the Focal brand and have enjoyed my Performance 165's (in my 03 Jeep Rubicon) but when people say the Focal speakers are bright I am wondering if they are properly enclosing them. I have been a fan of the Polyglass speaker line for several years now and recently purchased a set of the new Flax Cone 165 FX components. They put out some nice bass properly enclosed and I don't find the tweeters to be too bright. I'm a simple audiophile though and time after time just want a quality set of Coaxial speakers for a simple install. I do wish I had a nice audio shop with more European brand speakers to play with/dial in but that is not the case here in the Northern Nevada region. I am a true believer in matching the speaker with a proper enclosure and if you don't back a speaker up I'd say most any speaker is going to come off bright (or at least lacking). Anyway I'll be interested to hear some other opinions. Maybe on DLS or Audison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm the phd rep for Cali. And if you want them you'll need to get a hold of me the is one of my friends in gardenia that runs the phd components. He lives them very much. I run cdt. But I have one of the higher end sets they have. Mine are super loud and crystal clear I'm also the Dls rep in Cali if you wanna go that route these are also really sweet components. Really cz not go wrong with any of these

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.