New Sub Not Getting Loud

MastaFlyMason
10+ year member

I bought a 10" Sundown SD-2 10", it is in a .5 sealed truck box powered by an Alpine MRP500, the sub is 4Ohm DVC wired down to 2 and the amp puts out 500rms at 2 ohms. 4 gauge power and ground. For some reason the multimeter reads the sub as 3.2 ohms, it's supposed to be wired to 2, is that normal? It just isn't getting loud, i'm not sure what the problem is. The ground location is good, my sub volume is all the way up on my JVC head unit, my gain is all the way up and it still doesn't get loud.. Whats the problem?

I bought a 10" Sundown SD-2 10", it is in a .5 sealed truck box powered by an Alpine MRP500, the sub is 4Ohm DVC wired down to 2 and the amp puts out 500rms at 2 ohms. 4 gauge power and ground. For some reason the multimeter reads the sub as 3.2 ohms, it's supposed to be wired to 2, is that normal? It just isn't getting loud, i'm not sure what the problem is. The ground location is good, my sub volume is all the way up on my JVC head unit, my gain is all the way up and it still doesn't get loud.. Whats the problem?
Why is your gain all the way up? Measured coil impedence in the box or out of the box?

Without the gain maxed out you can't even hear the sub. I'm not using it with the gain up I just tried it. It didn't really matter one way or another, I think it was 3.2 in the box 3.4 without or maybe the other way around.

I could see 3.4 per coil maybe out of the box... but not paralleled //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Wire it up and check to see where you are at the amp - Should be between 2-3-ish Is your amp new too? Have you tested it with any other sub in your vehicle to make sure the amp is functioning as it should?

Touch the leads on your multi meter to see what your internal resistance is...then subtract that from the reading you are seeing.

Also, double check your wiring could easily have something wired out of phase.

Yea I would make sure the amp is putting out good power at the speaker terminals, whoknows maybe its some stupid setting on the headunit. You dont have the crossover set really low do you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.