New system inside; what to get

Participant count
  • Participant list

mooseknuckle
10+ year member

Bay Area
I have a 06 mustang and want to re-do my front and back speakers. I would also like to get a matching amp. Right now i have an Alpine MRV-F540 powering inFinity 689.2cf in the rear and Alpine SPX-17PRO components in the front.

The reason i want to replace them is im tired of blowing speakers, especially my components. Right now my rear passenger is blown and giving me static feedback, and the samething with my drivers side components. The weird thing about my component is sometimes it works fine and other times it cuts in and out. I really think theres something wrong lol.

So im pretty open to suggestions as to what inside system I should run for my car. Only requirement i have is that i can play it loud lol. i spend a lot of my time in the car and love music. I am willing to spend a decent chunk of change on this but dont want to go overboard into unnecessary. If worse comes to worse id like a good recommendation on a good 4-channel amp that does about 100w RMS.

Thanks in advance.

Hey mylows

Nice to talk to you again. I chatted with you when i was looking to do a custom box and install my rockford T1's. I wish i could have have gotten th DC 2k you had. Those are a beast of an amp.

Ive since moved on from my sub problem to my in the car problem lol. I installed the pioneer z130 deck but im kind of unhappy with my amp/speaker combination. Im not sure how much im willing to spend because i dont know the products well enough. I was thinking about just replacing the blown speaker in the door and the rear 6x8 and just getting a new amp.

The amp i have now is 80w RMS and all 4 speakers are 100wRMS and i thinki thats what is blowing my speakers. The rear speakers are only 80 for 2 but the components are expensive. I just want something loud enough to compliment my T1's. Roughly about 100w on all 4 corners. So if you have any suggestions im all ears. You definitely know your stuff

well thanks man ,any way the cdt hd61 a components will be a nice set for you ,also we can make plates for the 6x8 section so you can install eithe coaxials or components there too.where in the bay area are you at ?

I think your clipping the signal and thats what is blowing the speakers. For your future setup, make sure you check you gains and amp settings for your new speakers so you don't blow them. Under powering the speakers won't hurt them, sending clipped signals will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey mylows,

I am located in north morgan hill/south san jose so not too bad from gilroy. I actually have family that lives out there past gilroy foods. its just hard to get anything done working 2 jobs and wanting to get this system handled.

OmegaBunny,

I think I would have to fully agree with you as much as I hate to. I know wha gain is but like all the other settings I have I. Am not really sure what it should b set at and how it affects other settings. I wish the guy who installed it would have fixed all my sound settings but oh well. Atleast I know I can get some better direction here. Thanks for the help

Gain/amp eq/amp xover deck crossover ,volume and eq settings to much volume to much boost too much gain . Basically your settings need to be good enough to play high volume.Notice your in bay area also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.