New system issues

Update: I wired my sub to 1 ohm, I downloaded a 40 hertz test tone but for some reason it wouldn't play, I ended up playing a hard hitting song off young jeezy cd and adjusting my gain to roughly 31 volts, no bass boost, no sub sonic, around 80 on lpf. It sounds ten times better, no clipping issues. Now I need to figure out how to get a test tone cd to play so I can set it the proper way. And I do think my box is hurting the performance.

Ok, I did have problems finding a good spot to ground, I ended up sanding a spot close to where the 6x9's mount and using a self tapping screw. So maybe my ground is still not good enough.
I read that you got the bass working better, but you need to fix the ground connection. Self-tapping screws are not good for amplifier ground wires. I use a bolt, a nut, and a lock washer. Also your ground location could be better. You're getting additional resistance by having the circuit path go through multiple layers of metal and welds. If you can ground it through the floor of the body near the strongest structural supports that lead up to the engine bay that's better. You'll need to be able to get to the underside to put the lock washer and nut on.

Maybe i could drill a hole through the floor pan in the trunk and use a rubber grommet and run the ground wire underneath somewhere? I would run another wire up to the engine bay but truth be told getting the power wire through the firewall was the hardest part and biggest headache of the install, i had to go behind the driver side fender well, poke a hole in a rubber grommet holding 50 (guessing) wires and really couldn't see what i was doing. If i can find a better place toward the rear i'm all for it.

Op if you need any help with building the box, or need one built, or need your gains set HMU. I'm about an hour 45 from you. Always down to help someone in need:suave:
Thanks i really appreciate that, i have been watching youtube videos and reading articles, i used to just throw a system in and bump it, but now i'm learning how everything works and the proper way to do things, i'm very impressed with Sundown Audio, and can't believe i'm putting this much power to 1 10" sub.

Thanks i really appreciate that, i have been watching youtube videos and reading articles, i used to just throw a system in and bump it, but now i'm learning how everything works and the proper way to do things, i'm very impressed with Sundown Audio, and can't believe i'm putting this much power to 1 10" sub.
you should check out their Z line, youll be amazed.

frequencies look really high on those test tones. I think you are supposed to use around 50hz or somewhere close to that, i was trying 40hz, but when i played it with my volt meter hooked up to the speaker outputs nothing was happening, until i put in a music cd then it started working. Not sure if it's something i did wrong while burning to a cd or what the problem might be.

I for sure need to upgrade my electrical, when i really crank it up with the head lights on they start dimming hard. The positive wire on the battery has a fuse built into the connector, i have no idea what this is for, but i'm sure it is needed, so i don't know about doing the big 3.

Now that i have had some time to get used to my system i think i need to add another sub, one is just not getting loud enough for my liking. Any thoughts? This is the first 10" sub i have had in awhile, i usually rock 12's or 15's but my trunk is not tall enough to go with 12's. Would adding another 10", running at 2 ohms and having my box tuned lower (32hz) be louder than my 1 10" and 1 ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.