New system question regardiong amp stability

Participant count
  • Participant list

lambo37
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SD
So i bought a car to turn into a comp car eventually in a couple months, im starting now but just throwing in a temporary system of 2 15" fully loaded Fi BTL's(Large magnet, fully loaded). Kicker Hyperflex 0 gauge for power/ground. Big 3 in Knu kollosus flex 0 gauge(possibly 3/0 welding). And the box is ported 34hz 10 cuft, secured into the backseat using a false floor/bolts (all other wood used thus far is 3/4inch mdf) through the trunk metal and into 1 inch mdf on other side.(in the trunk). It is very secure.

Eventually i am going to get 2 more 15 btls and another amp wall it, with some type of larger alternator(mechman?dc?any help is appreciated on this too), and a optima redtop up front with 4 deka g31s in the back. Ill have 2 audioque 2200's at this point. (3 months or so).

TLDR: My question is in a week ill have an aq2200(thanks basscort2009!). But one of my 15" btls needs a recone (teampsi) im sending that in on monday, so my question is can i run one of these btls (their dual 1's), wired to 0.5 ohm on the aq with gain turned nearly all he way down-i know this is not what gains are for but it does work imo(please correct if wrong) no equalization etc, for just a couple weeks till i get my sub back from Teampsi? I would have stock electrical but it is a brand new battery upfront (normal interstate) 0 gauge big 3. I would be very careful. not full blast etc. I would also put another 15in sub in the remaining hole in the box not hooked up just to fill a little space.(this helps also correct?)

P.s.Looking at the alternator, literally right next to where the spark plugs are- VERY accessible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif it looks like it says 110 amp, iv never seen a stock alternator say this(always have been hard to see) and i could be wrong but i dont know. Anyways thanks and sorry about this wall of text haha.

Holy crap i cant beleive i didnt think about that, seriously LOL. Iv always ran systems consisting of- 3 dual sub dual 1 12"s, 1- 2 sub dual 1 15"s and 1 quad 1 ohm 15". So i'v always ran 1 ohm stable amps. And hey Im only 19 so meh lol not bad i guess.(first system was 2 rockford p2s in a sealed box LOL-gotta start somewhere i suppose, **** bug bites.)

Well thanks bugs bunny guy and any help on the other questions is still appreciated.

Edit:i suppose now is a good time to plug my old system vids, i have had other systems and have helped several other people)

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambo37

Bugs bunny guy lol
And op, you seem like ypu need to study up more espicially when you say that your btls have large magnets...
I was jk with the bugs bunny guy thing, and thats what people normally call the 2nd gen btls, these are not the 3rd slug or anything they were the ones after, sorry if i used the wrong terminology lol chill.

Edit, thought of the correct description they are the 2nd gen with 11.25in magnets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.