New System

the XXX's are probly gonna be out of it from the $500 apiece price range:( //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif :(

power wise for a daily driver Which this is, would 1500 watts @ 1 ohm do for those SP15's?? PLanning on about 6 or 7 cubic feet before displace and tuned to 50 Hz each.

well according to WinISD the graphs of the SPL of 2 SP15's with nominal power is just over Db wise of 2 Alpine Type R 15's with nominal power. the SP15's get 133.5 Db with 2400 watts and the alpines get 132.5 Db with 1000 watts. a plot of 2 Brahmas is exactly the same as the SP's with the same 2400 watts.

From this Data, The mainstream typical "good" subwoofer wins value wise and with equal wattage it wins SPL wise by 2.8 Db (with 2400 watts.)

Hopefully someone can prove me wrong because I want to get some of the not so popular woofers.

BTW, Box params: 12 cu ft. and tuned to 45 Hz.

Originally posted by SasquatchBump well according to WinISD the graphs of the SPL of 2 SP15's with nominal power is just over Db wise of 2 Alpine Type R 15's with nominal power. the SP15's get 133.5 Db with 2400 watts and the alpines get 132.5 Db with 1000 watts. a plot of 2 Brahmas is exactly the same as the SP's with the same 2400 watts.

From this Data, The mainstream typical "good" subwoofer wins value wise and with equal wattage it wins SPL wise by 2.8 Db (with 2400 watts.)

Hopefully someone can prove me wrong because I want to get some of the not so popular woofers.

BTW, Box params: 12 cu ft. and tuned to 45 Hz.
WinISD is going to give a basic statement of what SHOULD be measured in a given box. It in no way accounts for acoustics of the vehicle. It also does not accoutn for differentiations in enclosure design if you toss the same speaker in each. Part of the reason diff speakers have a diff recomended air space etc for diff calculations and variations in speakers. Go with a brahma and you WILL hear a difference.

Will they work with that limited space? 6-ish cubic feet each? also, how power hungry are Brahmas in general I want to get a 1500 watt or so amp to power them but I dont know if they will be underpowered.

Originally posted by SasquatchBump Will they work with that limited space? 6-ish cubic feet each? also, how power hungry are Brahmas in general I want to get a 1500 watt or so amp to power them but I dont know if they will be underpowered.
They claim to work very well in a limited space, however I am not positive as to the best specs as I have not heard them yet. Depending on how much you are willing to spend or what amp you already have in mind I know I can suggest a few that will push that very well.

Originally posted by SasquatchBump you said: Go with a brahma and you WILL hear a difference.

also: I have not heard them yet

how do you know the first comment??
Because I have done the research and have seen the reviews and spoken with many people whom have heard them and if your looking for an "out of the ordinary" brand and sub to go with you can not go wrong.

LOL yea why dont you shut the **** up and back up and stop talking to me...if you dont like it then keep it to yourself....they dont have pawn shops in germany either dip ****!

Originally posted by Jeremy jl fan LOL yea why dont you shut the **** up and back up and stop talking to me...if you dont like it then keep it to yourself....they dont have pawn shops in germany either dip ****!
No pawn shops on germany? So then mind explaining how your friend got this 150dollar w7 at a pawn shop from some guy and then sold it to you so cheap?

Originally posted by Jeremy jl fan Did I say he got it in a pawn shop?? I have lived in the states also dip ****........I just left the states in august...!
yes you did say that in another thread. I can spend the time and go into detail on that if you like. Until then tho i think it best if you want me to stay off ur back if you stp comming around where I am and trying to argue against me intentionally to piss me off further.

Actually I could careless what you do Im just saying your not gonna be able to do nothing so why waste your time...I really dont give a **** what you say...and if you get mad oh well that sounds like a personal problem...LOL

sorry to ruin your flaming fun but I still have a question for alaxxan or anyone who knows about brahmas if 1500 watts will be enough for 2 brahmas at 1 ohm in a 6 cubic ft ported at 45 hz box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.