Newb to this forum! figured i would say hi and show ya what i have.

only1db
10+ year member

hey all, i have been messing with cars and their audio for sometime (96 thereabouts) I'm a hyundai fan but their OEM stereos are HORRIBLE! one exception is the newer genesis sedan with the luxicon system. I'm currently a Hyundai technician and love everything hyundai. I started with a 94 excel back in high school. I used an Eclipse deck then and continue to stick with them (really pissed that they are not in the USA anymore...i want my MKII!!!) For speakers and amps i was sold on orion. But with my lastest build i went with Eclipse amps with Diamond Audio speakers. with that said here is my car and my current system. It is going on 5 or so years of hard duty. My M6 sub is down to one voicecoil. One of my Front componet speakers had the voice coil go ( i didnt use baffles and the rust got to it! i know i'm a dumbass! haha ) and one of my co axials i had in the rear is now upfront and on its way out. So i'm in need of some new stuff. I planned on sticking with diamond audio because they sound AMAZING! As far as cross over ranges, the fronts are cut at about 80hz and the rear is a fixed 120hz

i'm looking foward to finding out some new ideas, products, and learning in general. I can rip my car apart and put it back together with no issues, but making stuff with fiberglass and other like materials is not a forte of mine. But definetly willing to try something new, my current setup is getting old and needs replacement (in all aspects haha) Suggestions/comments/questions are all welcomed!!

thanks

Engine

1. Evo Fusion CAI

2. ARK Catback exhaust w, custom 2.5 inch flex delete and magnaflow hi flow cat. (turbo ready)

3. Magnecor wires

4. NGK v-power plugs

5. Mobil One full synthetic

Transmission

1. 06 transmission with triple cone syncros

2. Slave cylinder modification (spring removed)

3.Redline MT-90 tranny oil

Brakes

1. Magnum drilled GK rotors front/rear

2. Magnum Ceramic GK SE pads

3. GoodRidge Stainless Steel Brake lines

4. SE calipers (Aluminum) Front

Suspension

1. 03 Tiburon Tein Super street coilovers

2. Whiteline Adjustable sway bar. (18-22mm) currently on 22mm w/ poly bushings)

3. Ingalls Engineering adjustable rear trailing arms

4. Performance Alignment (front camber -2.0, toe 0.00) (rear camber -1.5, toe 0.00)

5. 17" split spoke GK wheels

6. OEM 215/45 r 17 michis...soon to be 215/40 r 17 (or possibly 225/40's)

7. Full 5 lug swap

8. 15mm bolt-on hubcentric spacers

9. Mussa front strut bar

10. Midbody brace (maker unknown)

Interior

1. Eclipse 8051

2. Eclipse DSP 2103

3. Eclipse PA 4212

4. Eclipse 32440

5. Diamond Audio 6.5 hex components

6. Diamond Audio 6.5 coaxial

7. Diamond Audio 12" Dual 2 ohm coil....in custom trunk enclosure

8. 1 Farad Lightning audio capaciters x 2

9. Sound deadening by Casade Audio

10. MOMO alum shifknob

11. 04 Tiburon driver seat (cloth) (wife doesnt like the feel so there is only one of them)

12. Dash painted Flat black (OEMish but different)

Exterior

1. Touring Cup front spoiler

2. 04+ tail lights (reded out turn signals)

3. custom painted front grill (flat black and that the way its staying!)

4. wingless hatch

5. PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow H3 foglights

some pics.

075-2.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

this is the orginal pic from about 5 years ago...its a little beat up now but you get the point.

1.jpg

systemskinless.jpg

subbox.jpg

best shot i have of my door with the HEX crossover in the door.

painteddashcompleteside.jpg

why get rid of the caps? i have 176k on the car and have yet to repace the 90 amp alt.

btw....

front and rears are run 85 x 4 @4ohm

the M6 is a dual 2ohm running @ 4ohm with 600 watts.

been a fan of hyundai for a long time. parents bought their first in 88.

...or don't.
Nice set-up. Not personally a Hyundai fan, but it looks like you've done well with yours.
Slow your roll bro.

why get rid of the caps? i have 176k on the car and have yet to repace the 90 amp alt.

btw....

front and rears are run 85 x 4 @4ohm

the M6 is a dual 2ohm running @ 4ohm with 600 watts.

been a fan of hyundai for a long time. parents bought their first in 88.
ok....? I don't see a point in the caps, once they're drained your system would not only be trying to charge them but also power the amps, thus more strain on the setup in general... side note, i've ran an xx colossus ( original 41-42" long one ) daily on only a yellowtop under the hood and an 80 amp alt.. never dropped below low 13s I never replaced anything either.. so there isn't much point trying to argue a reason for them.

^trust me its on the to-do list!

caps really only drain when the bass hits. Before the caps my headlights would dim and all of the interior would be pulsing with the bass. So i felt it necessary to add them. i had a dual battery isolator in my excel and that worked out very well, but i'm trying to save weight and didnt see a need for all the wiring.

btw the fart can is an ARK t304 stainless exhaust and one of two they make for my car and i bought it used for 200 bucks i cant complain.

^trust me its on the to-do list!

caps really only drain when the bass hits. Before the caps my headlights would dim and all of the interior would be pulsing with the bass. So i felt it necessary to add them. i had a dual battery isolator in my excel and that worked out very well, but i'm trying to save weight and didnt see a need for all the wiring.

btw the fart can is an ARK t304 stainless exhaust and one of two they make for my car and i bought it used for 200 bucks i cant complain.

1 hc600 or hc800 > your caps. Would use less wiring as well than 2 caps.

because usally the muffler is too long to fit in there straight. and it sounds nothing like a honduh or a bag or uncle benz. I usually have the silencer in there anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.