Newbie Chevy Avalanche owner that needs suggestions for a new system.........

Participant count
  • Participant list

six6nine9wpk

Wash, DC
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2003 Chevy Avalanche that came equipped with 4 x 6.5' speakers and 2 x 1' tweeters. I want to replace all 6 of the speakers. I also would like to use my JL GS6600 6 channel amp if possible to cut down on the price of my system. The specs on the amp are 6 x 100 2ohm, 6 x 75 watts 4ohm or 3 x 200 bridged. I'm looking for speakers that will get loud without distorting/ muffling and I want something with good mids. My budget for my speakers are 600 dollars and I primarily listen to rap and RnB.

Thanks in advance

Hello,
I recently purchased a 2003 Chevy Avalanche that came equipped with 4 x 6.5' speakers and 2 x 1' tweeters. I want to replace all 6 of the speakers. I also would like to use my JL GS6600 6 channel amp if possible to cut down on the price of my system. The specs on the amp are 6 x 100 2ohm, 6 x 75 watts 4ohm or 3 x 200 bridged. I'm looking for speakers that will get loud without distorting/ muffling and I want something with good mids. My budget for my speakers are 600 dollars and I primarily listen to rap and RnB.

Thanks in advance
I've worked with that amp before. Certainly a solid start.

A front component set and rear coax is a standard start. adding some deadening into the speaker budget can help calm down the stock metal. a set of bi-amp capable front components will let you use the amp channels to control levels of tweeters relative to woofers to "dial-in" the balance and soundstage.

Many speaker choices available - start by listening to what you can at local shops and report back with what you liked. You also need to determine what available speaker depth you have. Maybe some Avalanche forums will have that info.

I've worked with that amp before. Certainly a solid start.
A front component set and rear coax is a standard start. adding some deadening into the speaker budget can help calm down the stock metal. a set of bi-amp capable front components will let you use the amp channels to control levels of tweeters relative to woofers to "dial-in" the balance and soundstage.

Many speaker choices available - start by listening to what you can at local shops and report back with what you liked. You also need to determine what available speaker depth you have. Maybe some Avalanche forums will have that info.
What should I do with the extra 2-channels?

if you get bi-amp components for the front, they will use 4 of the channels, then the other 2 channels to the rear.

...or bridge four of the channels into two for more power at the front speakers and the other 2 channels to the rear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.