Newbie With Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

BobbyFord

SFV
Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move to the correct section.

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the sound scene and could use some tips and information to better understand what I'm doing. Please excuse any naïve questions.

The last stereo I put in a car was in the 80's, in high school. A lot has changed.

I build engines not stereos //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I searched the forum and couldn't really find all of the information that I am looking for.

A little about my current set-up. I have a 2008 Ford Focus w/stock radio and 1st generation Sync with 4 6X8 speakers. The stock radio was anemic to say the least. I wasn't looking for thumping loud, just moderately loud but crisp, clean and undistorted.

I installed a RF 3Sixty.3 processor using the high level inputs, a P1000X5 amp, 4 Kenwood KFC-C6894PS 3-way speakers and a Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10 in a sealed box.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with the 3Sixty.3

During the set-up, I pretty much used the auto-configure option. I did measure the distances of the speakers to the driver and input the measurements. I also selected low pass for the mono sub woofer. I selected all pass for the 2 front and two rear 3-way speakers. The sound is phenomenally better than the original radio. I did not mess with selecting "crossover types", "level" or "EQ".

I have no clue what butterworth, chebyshev, linkwitz, Bessel, etc. I have no clue about crossover type, slope, class...Right now I selected AP, which I believe is All Pass and bypasses the crossovers.

The manual says to consult your local Rockford Fosgate dealer to configure your specific system.

I have contacted a few local shops and nobody seems to know much about these processors.

I don't mind spending the money to set it up correctly but I have not been able to find anyone that I feel knows what they're talking about.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Someone please educate me.

Thanks in advance.

-Bobby

Congrats man. The terms tend to make it seem more complicated tan it is but if youplay around enough you will find there is alot that unit can do. Try some of the EQ settings it has I'm not sure if it does auto EQing of a vehicle or not but if it does tat is a huge help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.