Next level of Subwoofers after Sundown?

Definitely need thick skin in here
Not if you realize the people who like to flame/control/dictate/troll are just a bunch of losers. It's always the same 3 guys too, but by now everyone knows,

so I'm like why bother, but they continue as if they are trying to grow a fanbase/following. Kind of twisted, but that's ok, In too good a mood to fall for it.

Anyways, (for anyone normal trying to make sense of this, before the trolls/demons/idiot's arrived) the reason, this thread was originally created was in hope to

get some opinions from some of the advanced members here who I respect on alternatives to Sundown Sa-12"s. The reason I did not want to buy Sundowns, was

many fold, not just because of the design, or the logo. Both are OK, and I honestly feel they could use some improvement, but the main reason for seeking advice on

alternatives was because I did not want to be like everyone else, I rather be different. Sundowns are some incredible subs, they exceed all your expectations and needs

however there are too many people riding the Sundown jock. I rather take the time to research other options out there, learn, have fun talking about it with the normal

members on this forum who stay on topic, who love to learn/talk about car-audio like me. Actually I ended up learning a lot thanks to some of the members here. I was

able narrow the selection of subwoofers down to lines which appealed to me more than Sundowns, and were actually equal to, above, or beyond the performance level

of the Sundown SA line.

Thanks again to all the people who helped me out.

Not if you realize the people who like to flame/control/dictate/troll are just a bunch of losers. It's always the same 3 guys too, but by now everyone knows,

so I'm like why bother, but they continue as if they are trying to grow a fanbase/following. Kind of twisted, but that's ok, I'm in too good a mood to fall for it.

Anyways, (for anyone normal trying to make sense of this, before the trolls/demons/idiot's arrived) the reason, this thread was originally created was in hope to

get some opinions from some of the advanced members here who I respect on alternatives to Sundown Sa-12"s. The reason I did not want to buy Sundowns, was

many fold, not just because of the design, or the logo. Both are OK, and I honestly feel they could use some improvement, but the main reason for seeking advice on

alternatives was because I did not want to be like everyone else, I rather be different, try to research other options out there, learn, talk it up, be excited like most were

just to talk about car-audio. That's something we all have in common. I actually ended up learning a lot thanks to other members here I was able to narrow the selection

of subwoofers down to lines which appealed to me more than Sundowns, and were actually equal to, above, or beyond the performance level of the Sundown SA line.

Again, thanks to all the people who helped me out.
What have you narrowed it down to?

I'm sure its different everywhere, but in my little armpit of the world sundowns are different. None of my friends, coworkers or anyone i know has ever heard of them. Granted there not as deep into car audio like people on this forum. I have yet to see another pair of sundowns. I went to a small car audio competion neer me and there was a lot of re audio, some fi and some american bass, dd and fosgate (comp was at rf dealer). But no sundowns that i saw.

What have you narrowed it down to?
Well I'm still in what seems like the perpetual process of updating my setup in increments, but I feel a need to take my setup to a somewhat advanced level,

because I know once I go a level up I'll only wish to attain the next. I believe the Digitial Designs, are some beautiful subs, to top it of performance wise they

scored higher than the Sundown lines on several different PCA test (see video below). Having said that those Digital Designs are indeed more expensive (over

-priced probably slightly), but the more I learn about them, they (2512a 12"s) are the subs which performance and design wise, retain the best of both worlds

in a single sub within the bounds of what I'm willing to pay, ultimately. Are they the subs I'll get, hope so.

Sundown vs Digital Designs vs Dc Audio Level 3 8"s

Well I'm still in what seems like the perpetual process of updating my setup in increments, but I feel a need to take my setup to a somewhat advanced level, because I know once I go a level up I'll only wish to attain the next. I believe the Digitial Designs, are some beautiful subs, to top it of performance wise they

scored higher than the Sundown lines on several different PCA test (see video below). Having said that those Digital Designs are indeed more expensive (over

-priced probably slightly), but the more I learn about them, they (2512a 12"s) are the subs which performance and design wise, retain the best of both worlds

in a single sub within the bounds of what I'm willing to pay, ultimately. Are they the subs I'll get, hope so.

Sundown vs Digital Designs vs Dc Audio Level 3 8"s

Not a bad choice but, if you are looking for sql you have strayed from the pack.

So you are now basing your sql decision on spl scores? You wont be able to hear a 1db difference which is all those subs had. At that point, you might as well get the one that sounds better. And you wont find that info from watching the spl meter.

I read all 8 pages. my head hurts now. good thing im at work and tryin to kill time

lol at OP trying to act as if eclipse Ti's arent something he should look at.

Maybe you should read the thread you just posted. Try post 60. A well respected member did unbiased tests and found the hdc3 ($249) out performed the dd3500, which is a step above the dd that you can afford anyway.
Thanks for the information, unfortunately the dd3500 is not even the series I am considering, it's the dd2512a. Also I decided to look at post 60 (click link),

like you wrote, there was absolutely no reference to any dd vs aq test whatsoever. I decided to research dd vs aq, people were either for one or the other.

I read all 8 pages. my head hurts now. good thing im at work and tryin to kill time lol at OP trying to act as if eclipse Ti's arent something he should look at.
I never made a comment about the Eclipse at all, but if by not commenting on them your taking that as being neutral about those Eclipse that were offered to me,

then yes. In stating that fact, I never wrote anything about those Eclipse, but if you're going to act as if I did, you probably deserved that headache you got. Go,

try and find the # on that thread and post it to prove it, your making it seem ''as if'' I wrote something negative about them, when I never even mentioned them.

I haven't commented on a lot of the subs mentioned, by that rule, you should go back, get the names, fault me for those as well, and Get a really great headache.

Thanks for the information, unfortunately the dd3500 is not even the series I am considering, it's the dd2512a. Also I decided to look at post 60 (click link),

like you wrote, there was absolutely no reference to any dd vs aq test whatsoever. I decided to research dd vs aq, people were either for one or the other.

I never made a comment about the Eclipse at all, but if by not commenting on them your taking that as being neutral about those Eclipse that were offered to me,

then yes. In stating that fact, I never wrote anything about those Eclipse, but if you're going to act as if I did, you probably deserved that headache you got. Go,

try and find the # on that thread and post it to prove it, your making it seem ''as if'' I wrote something negative about them, when I never even mentioned them.

I haven't commented on a lot of the subs mentioned, by that rule, you should go back, get the names, fault me for those as well, and Get a really great headache.
So seriously dude, what do you want? You've changed this thread so many times. You start off saying you have two SAs on a skar 1500.1 and want something that is the next level up cause you hate the look of sundowns, then you say you don't even own SAs. Then you say you want a sub that compares in SQL to the SA and now you say you want an SPL sub that is capable of sounding good.

Every sub in listed in this topic will fit what you want, just pick one and be on with it. You're more than likely not gonna hear a difference in SPL between them and SQ is subjective to the user; what sounds good to one person could sound like ass to the next. Nobody can tell you what will sound or look good to you. You're not going to see the sub in the box anyway and you can easily just change what is on the dustcap.

Honestly you could search any good company on here, look for a sub that is around the 600 rms range with a 2.5 to 3" coil and there you go; another sub that will peform like all the others. If not that, hit up splaudio and get some custom subs made, but in all honesty there really isn't much more people can do to help you. If you don't like your choice, cut your losses, sell them and pick something else, but more than likely they will sound near identical to each other.

So seriously dude, what do you want? You've changed this thread so many times. You start off saying you have two SAs on a skar 1500.1 and want something that is the next level up cause you hate the look of sundowns, then you say you don't even own SAs. Then you say you want a sub that compares in SQL to the SA and now you say you want an SPL sub that is capable of sounding good.
Every sub in listed in this topic will fit what you want, just pick one and be on with it. You're more than likely not gonna hear a difference in SPL between them and SQ is subjective to the user; what sounds good to one person could sound like ass to the next. Nobody can tell you what will sound or look good to you. You're not going to see the sub in the box anyway and you can easily just change what is on the dustcap.

Honestly you could search any good company on here, look for a sub that is around the 600 rms range with a 2.5 to 3" coil and there you go; another sub that will peform like all the others. If not that, hit up splaudio and get some custom subs made, but in all honesty there really isn't much more people can do to help you. If you don't like your choice, cut your losses, sell them and pick something else, but more than likely they will sound near identical to each other.
Lol, well said.

I'm tellin ya, the OP is as crazy as a hit chicken... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Look back thru his previous threads/posts: all the same type of inane BS.

He either gots to be nutz (Sybil reincarnated?) or a professional troll, can't decide which.

Just not believing such ignint rambling from him consistently receive honest attempts at good advice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Wow. You are some kind of stupid. I know you are looking at the 2500 series. The 3500 is better and the tests show that the HDC3 was getting louder than the 3500. Here is the 60th post from the link you provided

Wow, so much horrible information from personal "tests" or "what I seen" in here.

In tests that I was a part of the HDC3 did outperform the 3500 in SPL and many times the 9500. The 3500 seemed to have better musical attributes however, but the proper enclosure helps out both cases here. The HDC4 made the 3500 and 9500 look like kids toys in SPL testing. Again for daily it is highly subjective and enclosures/application play a huge roll.

In the end there are personal opinions about each and every brand since nothing is exactly the same. Some will claim they are the best while others are "forum boners"....

In the end personal opinion of the buyer wins out. Getting into a pissing match because you two think differently just makes you both look like you know nothing or just love to argue. Guess what? Even though the tests I was a part of were more in depth then what 99% of everyone else has done, others will stay something different because of what they have seen/heard. Does that make them wrong? Or are they just as write as what I was a part of?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.