No output from amp!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Matt A
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
One of my friends needs help figuring out why his alpine mrp m650 (old amp) is getting power input but has no output... the amp is not in protect and he thinks there might be an issue with the protect feature... if so how can he get the amp out of protect and where is the best place to send the amp for repair? Thank you.

Hi, Matt:

If the amplifier goes into "protect mode", I assume you mean it shuts off. If the amplifier is actually on but there is no audio signal coming out, you have an internal problem with the amplifier if you have already checked your ground connection for problems or the positive wire feed for problems. If the amplifier is not getting the correct voltage (which it won't if it requires a certain current value but the power feed has low voltage for some reason, reasons I won't elaborate here), it will shut down to protect its power supply circuit.

If the power feed is good to the amplifier (I am not going into tests to trace issues) then your problem is internal. I have no idea of the value of that particular amplifier (I only use old school made in USA amplifiers), but you should be able to find an electronics repair shop that services car audio somewhere around where you live. Of course, you have to trust them.

There are some places on line that say they repair amplifiers. I have not used any of them. You might try eBay, there are a few listing services on there for a flat rate of around $125.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.