nobody ever posts here?

It's an '85 (good guess, did you own one?). With a 2.8L V6 (the V8's just waste gas, and the 305 is pathetic for these cars). It's got the 77-mm 5-speed tranny in it. I've had this car up to 220km/h (clocked with a porsche), which I believe is fast enough.

The stereo consists of 4 10" JL Audio subs

some pioneer 6X9's

and JBL 4X6's

5-300 watt Pioneer amplifiers power the whole set-up

where exactly did you put a 19" flatscreen? its not like you drive an SUV so im just wondering where theres space in that car for a screen of that size....and 3 alternators? maybe i dont get out enough (which i really really don't... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif )... -scott

Actually I never said where. It's not a laptop, it's a full blown desktop PC running win XP Pro. The really sweet thing is - to add music I just connect it to my LAn and upload the new music.

The flatscreen is mounted below the dash on the passenger side of the vehicle, in the area that normally be a glove box, had they put them in these cars.

The second Alt is installed where the AC compressor would go (I don't have Air conditioning so I don't need the compressor). The third was tricky but I managed to install it below the A.I.R. Pump that runs the vacuum on MPFI models.

The rest of the system is stored in the hatch area. All my Amps, Subs, and the PC.

I was able to get my hands on a mini keyboard for it and that is mounted into the top of the dashboard. A trackball on the console allows for mouse control.

The only problem I am having with the set-up is that, before I turn off the car, I have to manually shut down the PC (but I'll fix that with a UPS and a couple of relays when I get a few days off here)

ok, that makes a lot more sense. at first i thought you were BSing....but what you have sounds pretty sweet. cant wait to see pics. -scott

Originally posted by CarAudioAddict It's an '85 (good guess, did you own one?). With a 2.8L V6 (the V8's just waste gas, and the 305 is pathetic for these cars). It's got the 77-mm 5-speed tranny in it. I've had this car up to 220km/h (clocked with a porsche), which I believe is fast enough.

No, I didnt own one from that year - but I am an F-Body man:)

The 2.8L is pretty ecomonical and a pretty decent engine...the 305's arent worth it and yeah, no kidding, the 350's are gas guzzlers(but fast, and easy to work on).

5 speed tranny, good to hear...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

220! Dam thats fast...lol, nice:)

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.