Noise fines are BS

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
I never have gotten one knock on wood because I know mine is way past due.

Look at this from a logical side. People around here (Dickson) are getting 300+ dollar fines for first time violations of whatever the law states. People are getting fined that much for door speakers, not even for the bass, but for the highs.

My issue is this. Speeding tickets cost less than getting a noise violation. This simply leads me to conclude that whoever made these laws simply wants a quick fix for money. The government punishes people based on the severity of the crime, so why is my music more dangerous than speeding?

I'm on my "F the government" roll right now. Money > all. Money > me, money > you.

Maine doesn't have any laws for sound ordinance because of all the hunting that goes on up here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The reason I don't get caught is because I have a volume knob and quick instincts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

But seriously, some people here have gotten 2 tickets and were forced to get their system removed and then had to go back to make sure he didn't re install it. You can still drive a car after getting 2 speeding tickets, unless you are going like 25 over on each one. Which brings up my point again, bass is only going to do so much. Oh no, he's polluting my world that isn't already polluted by noise from airplanes and cars and f-ing loud ass Harleys. But you won't see a Harley getting pulled over for too loud of pipes. Did I forget to mention we even come with a volume knob unlike a Harley's exhaust?!

So with that point Buck, people use the "Bike exhaust has a higher DB than his system, can they not fight it?
Logically it makes sense, but remember, money > all. You think the government wants to ruin a very successful American bike company in this economy? The exhaust makes the Harley. It's still BS.

Let's make it racial. You won't see a redneck like me with my V8 Exploder with no muffler and other maybe legally required components missing getting pulled over, especially in the South. Piped trucks are a dime a dozen.

I can't remember if I recall someone using the exhaust dispute for their ticket but as far as I remember it just got dropped? Then again I have no real know-how in this type of arguement.

I used to get them when years ago at the beach. was @ 90$. I ran over a little kid in a crosswalk at the same place and it was 70$ ticket.

Let the punishment fit the crime I say.

Also after I turned 21 I discovered the volume knob had other positions besides max and stopped having that problem. I also learned that if you're at the beach in the summer and feel a thump it's not a possum.

I used to get them when years ago at the beach. was @ 90$. I ran over a little kid in a crosswalk at the same place and it was 70$ ticket.
Let the punishment fit the crime I say.

Also after I turned 21 I discovered the volume knob had other positions besides max and stopped having that problem. I also learned that if you're at the beach in the summer and feel a thump it's not a possum.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

I can't remember if I recall someone using the exhaust dispute for their ticket but as far as I remember it just got dropped? Then again I have no real know-how in this type of arguement.
I grew up a lot around an attorney and I love to argue. I can't help but argue with anyone about subjects like this. It's total shit.

I wish I could pay xxx per year and never get a fine. That'd be what to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.