Noise fines are BS

I never have gotten one knock on wood because I know mine is way past due.
Look at this from a logical side. People around here (Dickson) are getting 300+ dollar fines for first time violations of whatever the law states. People are getting fined that much for door speakers, not even for the bass, but for the highs.

My issue is this. Speeding tickets cost less than getting a noise violation. This simply leads me to conclude that whoever made these laws simply wants a quick fix for money. The government punishes people based on the severity of the crime, so why is my music more dangerous than speeding?

I'm on my "F the government" roll right now. Money > all. Money > me, money > you.
I agree that things like this should be looked into. I understand the laws, and I abide by them for the most part. However, the last ticket I got for noise was a few years back in Missouri and it was almost twice the amount of my C&I for wheeling down the hwy in front of a judge the whole time. I would have gotten out of it, but he videoed the whole thing on his phone and of course had it when I went to court lol. Noise violation was $473.50(my first in 6 years, was after court costs) and my C&I(was my third in a year) was $195.50(after court costs)

Anyway, the point is that is an issue. I went to a few town meetings and brought it up each time. After about 4 meetings i was able to get them to listen to what I had to say and after 4 or 5 months it was looked into and eventually altered. I do not condone doing any illegal actions, but at the same time if you get a ticket and are paying for what you did, then you might as well ditch the system and start racing. The fines are cheaper. Again, I am not saying go out and race at all...just..blah never mind. Don't go be an idiot and blame me lol.

i know this is off-topic, but i think operation of a mobile phone is a ******** money maker as well. i understand texting. but calling? come on man its no different then driving a manual car while talking to someone. uses the same amount of limbs. my ticket was 50 dollars with an 80 dollar new york state surcharge. bullsh|t.

i know this is off-topic, but i think operation of a mobile phone is a ******** money maker as well. i understand texting. but calling? come on man its no different then driving a manual car while talking to someone. uses the same amount of limbs. my ticket was 50 dollars with an 80 dollar new york state surcharge. bullsh|t.
It has nothing to do with the phone, it's just idiots that don't know their limits. So many people don't even realize they are in control of a vehicle that weights several tons and is moving at 70 miles an hour or whatever. That can cause a lot of damage. Don't get me started about people on cell phones. I will lose my mind. I don't know about where you live, but people here not only can't drive, for some reason people intend on driving bad it seems like.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I agree that things like this should be looked into. I understand the laws, and I abide by them for the most part. However, the last ticket I got for noise was a few years back in Missouri and it was almost twice the amount of my C&I for wheeling down the hwy in front of a judge the whole time. I would have gotten out of it, but he videoed the whole thing on his phone and of course had it when I went to court lol. Noise violation was $473.50(my first in 6 years, was after court costs) and my C&I(was my third in a year) was $195.50(after court costs)
Anyway, the point is that is an issue. I went to a few town meetings and brought it up each time. After about 4 meetings i was able to get them to listen to what I had to say and after 4 or 5 months it was looked into and eventually altered. I do not condone doing any illegal actions, but at the same time if you get a ticket and are paying for what you did, then you might as well ditch the system and start racing. The fines are cheaper. Again, I am not saying go out and race at all...just..blah never mind. Don't go be an idiot and blame me lol.
I know what you mean, the difference in the costs of the fines don't justify the actions done.

I don't like noise violations but I agree with them (ppl don't wanna hear that shiz as a whole).

That being said the fine should be minimal, less than 100. Now if the fine isn't paid the violator should be forced to hae their stereo components stripped and sold in auction.

It has nothing to do with the phone, it's just idiots that don't know their limits. So many people don't even realize they are in control of a vehicle that weights several tons and is moving at 70 miles an hour or whatever. That can cause a lot of damage. Don't get me started about people on cell phones. I will lose my mind. I don't know about where you live, but people here not only can't drive, for some reason people intend on driving bad it seems like. 

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I know what you mean, the difference in the costs of the fines don't justify the actions done.
well all we have in my town is old *** people that drive 40 in a 55 that cant see over the steering wheel. thats also dangerous. if you are driving slow turn your **** 4 ways on.

in my town the cops will hastle me even if my stuff is turned off and its stupid because i always keep it off. there is no noise ordinance either and they dont say **** to the **** bags with the tarbo diesel trucks that "roll coal" through my ******* alley at 3am

in my town the cops will hastle me even if my stuff is turned off and its stupid because i always keep it off. there is no noise ordinance either and they dont say **** to the **** bags with the tarbo diesel trucks that "roll coal" through my ******* alley at 3am
That's because it's racial and stereotype motivated. Just a bunch of good ole country boys in a truck like that. That's what the issue REALLY is.

That's because it's racial and stereotype motivated. Just a bunch of good ole country boys in a truck like that. That's what the issue REALLY is.
Cops purdy much know Im white. I dont think there is but one black guy in town and everyone is pretty well nice to him. Most of the big trucks are owned by fvck bags I went to school with. some of them even have bass in their "pullin'" trucks. It's usually them and the idiot highschool kids that give car audio a bad name. I helped add some low end exension for a play in town and everyone goes "So it's YOU thats makin all dat racket late at night" I dont even have a sub in my fvuckin car.

Also if you live in the middle of a city on a state route you pretty much have no right to complain about noise.

Also I got pulled over once for having one day expired tags while the idiot in front of me almost caused a wreck while turning and texting and driving in his POS cavalier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.