non dome tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list
dont quote me on this but i believe on those the membrane replaces the dome on a conventional tweeter.

in the back there is a pattern of "conductors" that act like a voice coil with a pattern of neo magnets that work with those conductors to move the membrane.

from there it is basically works like a normal tweeter.

but again i am just taking a shot in the dark and could be completely wrong.

~Magick_Man~

yeah, those speakers work with electrostatics pretty much charging up a membrane and then attracting it and unattracting really fast in order to produce the sound. A lot of people like them cause you don't get the weird impedance curves cause you don't have a voice coil moving in and out of an electric field.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.