Obsidian 12" box build

anyone think 1200would be too nmuch for one?

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

they're basically like the sa series. cooling is just different
i dont kno if thats true...all it would be is a skar then with a different cone......because thats all the SA was

anyone think 1200would be too nmuch for one? 

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

i dont kno if thats true...all it would be is a skar then with a different cone......because thats all the SA was
depends how long it was playing with that power

Uhh...the Skar and SA don't even have the same motor(wider double stack vs narrower triple stack). They're actually a good deal different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh...the Skar and SA don't even have the same motor(wider double stack vs narrower triple stack). They're actually a good deal different.
Exactly. Not only is the Skar motor smaller OD than the SA, but the Obsidian has a larger OD than both the SA and the Skar. Differences between the Obsidian and the Skar include: Larger Magnet OD, different magnet ID, taller top plate, wider top plate, completely different t-yoke, different gap dimensions, different cone, different surround, different voice coil windings (height and width), different voice coil former, etc. So no, our Obsidian woofers are not a Skar with a different cone. The Obsidians have a higher BL^2/Re, utilize a lower inductance voice coil, use the same size enclosures, play just as deep, and possess the capability to be louder due to less moving mass than the Skar woofers. And the Obsidian's are $30 less expensive.

SA_Skar_OA1.jpg

SA_Skar_OA12.jpg

Now do those all have the same motor ? Same basket ? How about the coil ? Surround ? Gap ? Motor strength ? Inductance ? Moving mass ? Coil ventilation ?

Each woofer was designed with it's own set of parameters and applications in mind.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

In any event... back to the topic at hand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

SA_Skar_OA1.jpg

SA_Skar_OA12.jpg

Now do those all have the same motor ? Same basket ? How about the coil ? Surround ? Gap ? Motor strength ? Inductance ? Moving mass ? Coil ventilation ?

Each woofer was designed with it's own set of parameters and applications in mind.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

In any event... back to the topic at hand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
sarcasm jake....sarcasm...... 

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

SA_Skar_OA1.jpg

SA_Skar_OA12.jpg

sarcasm jake....sarcasm......

Hooked my OA15 up in a temp (shitty) box yesterday. 3.2 @ 30hz. And I can tell you that its a NICE woofer for the price. I didnt get to play with it much.. but the few songs I did play, it smashed the lows and sounded great doing it. Also didnt have any trouble getting loud on higher frequencies either. I have a feeling Im going to love this sub when I get a good box built! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Box looks great btw! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.