Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Im going to be upgrading my big 3 soon once i get my fuse holder from knukonceptz. So i pretty much just remove the old wiring and use 0 gauge wire in the same exact places the old wires were connected to?

Im going to be upgrading my big 3 soon once i get my fuse holder from knukonceptz. So i pretty much just remove the old wiring and use 0 gauge wire in the same exact places the old wires were connected to?
ADD... not repace wires! Thats what Ive heard anyhow... sooo... dont hold me to that. CHeck my sig. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

I dont get why you would add. So you mean you would splice into the stock wiring and add 0 gauge wire? Wouldnt it just make more sense having all 0 gauge wiring then having say 8 gauge (stock) going into 0 gauge?

I dont get why you would add. So you mean you would splice into the stock wiring and add 0 gauge wire? Wouldnt it just make more sense having all 0 gauge wiring then having say 8 gauge (stock) going into 0 gauge?
Did you even read the tutorial? Add on top of the stock wiring or replace your stock wiring with the new wire if the stock stuff is no good.

I gather from reading the initial post that you're supposed to replace the original wires in order to see the greatest benefit.
I only replaced because the original wires were too corroded to be of any use.

Always add if the stock wiring is in good shape.

Did you even read the tutorial? Add on top of the stock wiring or replace your stock wiring with the new wire if the stock stuff is no good.

I only replaced because the original wires were too corroded to be of any use.

Always add if the stock wiring is in good shape.
YES... btw, I got a new + battery terminal today... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Would it be okay to do this in 4 gauge? Will there really be that much of a difference in 4 2 and 1/0 gauge? Its such a small lenght...........

Also what size fuse should i use. Im using 4 gauge and my stock alternator is 140a.

Thanks

Fuse it according to the wire, if you do 4 I believe it's 125A if i remember correctly. That's a pretty good alternator. I say you just do stock. It will be best for your electrical system and if you're gonna do it, go all out my man.

How do you tell how many amps your alternator is? Should the specs be stamped on the alternator? (I'm going to look under the hood soon). It's a '98 GM car. Or can I use a multimeter to test the amperage? Thanks for all your great work. (All the PEP BOYS around here have been dwindling, dammit.)

to the threadstarter what kinda engine you got in your 92-95 civic? looks like a d series.

anyways i plan on doing the big 3 next week & while at it i'm gonna connecting all the grounding points for other misc. electrical components (headlights, engine blcok to chassis, etc ) directly/ indirectly to the battery.

not to sure which import magazine i seen it but they actually gain a few horsepower but they really tinkered w/ grounding points & ran it on a dyno.

If im going to be running 2 amps, one 4 channel to the speakers running about 100 rms x 4 and 1 to a single sub running roughlt 1000rms, what guage wire should i use. Im about to make a buy from knukoncepz. Will i be safe with 4 guage for wiring my whole car or should i go with 0?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...