Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Anyone near Fresno Ca who doesnt understand the directions of this post feel free to pm me and we can set up a time, to meet up and i'll help you install it for free just supply the stuff for the job.

I added on the "BIG 3" using a 4 ga cable and still notice dimmage. Would a 1/0 ga cable make a difference? I have an OEM 105 amp alternator. Looking into getting an 180 amp alternator if an Optima Yellow Top battery does not work. I have a strong feeling that it will not work, I guess that is the price I have to pay.

The list of my audio equip. is in my signiture.

i think it should be fine from what your listing. shoulda done 1/0 to prevent any future upgrades and might as well do the biggest while youre there. what kind of battery do you have right now? the optima could help.

I have a Die Hard battery from Sears. I will change it when it dies.

Question: How long does the Optima Yellow top last?

I running a fused distro block, 1-1/0 to 2-4 ga, 1-4 ga to my amp, and 1 to the alt. Would it be ok to run a 1/0 ga cable to the alt. without losing voltage to my amp.

Am I to understand that a 300amp fuse is recommended for a 1/0 ga. cable.

The fuse to my amp is a 100amp ANL fuse. Is that too much? The fuse rating on the amp is 3-25a fuses (75a total).

Can someone take a pic or highlight the lil piece of plastic that you have to break off and/or put on when connecting the 0/1 wire to the alt? Because this is the ONLY part I'm not understanding...

My stock wiring is in decent shape, but I would much rather replace everthing 1/0 gauge wire. Should I add or does it really matter that much? I feel better having all connections & wiring fresh than adding & still having the old wiring there.

-Fred

I have a little bit of a differant question, I have a 160 amp alt and 2 IA 20.1 amps. i already have the big 3 upgraded to 1/0 but i'm having troubles getting my amps to burp at .25 strapped. I have 2 runs of 2/0 going to the back and 2 2/0 grounds grounded to the chassie but am thinking of upgrading to 4 runs and upgrading the big 3 using 4 1/0 wires for each of the 3. Should this help my amps get a burp off. Would i be better off running grounds from my batterys negative to my amps instead of grounding the amps to the chassie?

Will I void any warrenties by doing this? I've got a 03 murano that even with a yellow top and cap dims, so I am thinking of doing this but obviously don't want to void anything.

Will I void any warrenties by doing this? I've got a 03 murano that even with a yellow top and cap dims, so I am thinking of doing this but obviously don't want to void anything.
This won't void anything if you simply add to the wiring vs. removing it.

You should get rid of the capacitor as well.

I have a little bit of a differant question, I have a 160 amp alt and 2 IA 20.1 amps. i already have the big 3 upgraded to 1/0 but i'm having troubles getting my amps to burp at .25 strapped. I have 2 runs of 2/0 going to the back and 2 2/0 grounds grounded to the chassie but am thinking of upgrading to 4 runs and upgrading the big 3 using 4 1/0 wires for each of the 3. Should this help my amps get a burp off. Would i be better off running grounds from my batterys negative to my amps instead of grounding the amps to the chassie?
You're way above the level that the big three can help you at bud. You need to look into some beefier batteries.

My stock wiring is in decent shape, but I would much rather replace everthing 1/0 gauge wire. Should I add or does it really matter that much? I feel better having all connections & wiring fresh than adding & still having the old wiring there.

-Fred
Add to the old. Better to have more paths for power to run down. I replaced mine because the wiring was litterally falling off from corrosion.

Can someone take a pic or highlight the lil piece of plastic that you have to break off and/or put on when connecting the 0/1 wire to the alt? Because this is the ONLY part I'm not understanding...
You may not have to break anything off depending on your application. Find the bolt coming out of your alt that has the positive lead connecting it to the battery. If you can fit another ring terminal on it without breaking anything, don't worry about it.

I have a 1998 Lumina wit a 3.1L. Im plannin on doin the big 3 soon. I have found where all the wires run around in the engine. The only one I am havin problems wit is there is no wire that goes directly from the batter to the alternator. I cant even follow it where it goes through fuse boxes. The one wire that comes off the alternator goes into some fat loom and i think it goes to a fuse box thats on the opposite side in the engine compartment of the battery. I am going to use 4 guage i think because i dont want to spend to much and its bigger than stock.

Anyone ever done this on a 3.1L? or if you know please help.

And is that the engine block to ground right next to the starter?

Does it matter what size the wires are?? Should you do this if your volts go to 13v to 12v??
Bigger is better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

i have a 91 integra and am getting a new system.

a T8002 to run 2 jl w6v2's and i was wondering if i would need to do this or not.

my last system was 2 RF P3's on a p8002 and was getting some cutting out and i could never figure out what it was. also anyone with a japanese car with a cramped engine space let me know how hard it was to do the big 3

Went from 4gauge to 0gauge: ALT to BATT today and there IS a difference! I will have to get my grounds in 0 gauge soon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif

http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image/150/6/9/O/150690296O263579430.jpg

2rrascl.jpg

It took forever tho [3 hrs] because lack of proper tools [i had to implement severall] and just Honda has a tiny engine compartment. Lookin for a place to put the fuse was a hassle. then as I was setting everything up I thought of a better way to run the wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...