Official Old School Collectors Thread

Yeah I had one back in the day, Never used it, Coustic decided to drop alot of B&M shops in the late 90's the shop I was working in had one of those sitting as a display we called them to come and get it they never called back and we never saw the rep again so it sat for about 2 years then I got it.

Amp is a monster probably one of the biggest amps out there its pretty wide too.

I probably still have that issue...lol
I do & it has the RF Power 1000 on the front cover.. (Vol. 4 No. 10)

* I still have most all of the CA&E, Auto Sound & Security and other car audio mags from the beginning which is late 80's (88-89)

Would like both if possible. I don't know a lot about them. I like the looks of the Art Series, but there not as large as I would like.
Here is the complete owner's manual for the different models of the PPI Art Series..

http://www.precisionpower.com/Manuals/Amplifier%20Manuals/Precision_Power_Art%20Series%20Axxx.2%20Amplifiers.pdf

I found this searching Google

* I would recommend doing a search for all different large old school amps to find out about them & the dimensions.

**It also depends what kind of sound & power output you are looking for.

I got the coustic off ebay, I'm really liking the old school stuff. What year are the gold ppi pass series from, how good are they ?? Would like to get some of the other giant amps LP 8002 any around that you don't need to sell the car to buy?

I got the coustic off ebay, I'm really liking the old school stuff. What year are the gold ppi pass series from, how good are they ?? Would like to get some of the other giant amps LP 8002 any around that you don't need to sell the car to buy?
Orion XTR 475

I'm really liking the old school stuff. Would like to get some of the other giant amps.
* Can't go wrong with the Rockford Fosgate Power 650 & 1000.. very good amps & well respected to this day in quality & performance.

1097016367_FoVBi-X2.jpg

1097016443_BFpuL-X2.jpg

1097017371_GTsDC-X2.jpg

watermark.php

1097018089_L422W-X2.jpg

Rockford Fosgate Power 650 & 1000.. Orion models (HCCA, GS, XTR, SX)
* There was a test report in the Car Audio & Electronics October 1991 issue of the top 5 monster amps at that time with the 1st in ranking going to the Linear Power 8002, 2nd.. Rockford Fosgate Power 1000, 3rd.. HiFonics Colossus, 4th.. Precision Power 2350DM & 5th.. Orion GS-500
I remember this issue as well. It would be GREAT if someone who has this could scan the article and share...pretty please...

I'm on an all out hunt for O/S Car Audio and Car Stereo Review mags (late 80's up to mid 90's). I'm still kicking myself for throwing all of mine away my last move! I'm going to check at my university library, but was hoping someone here would either scan the articles or send me the mags so I could scan them (I'd send them back). I'd give you a nice present for your generosity....

----

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.