• Thread starter <rob>
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<rob>

Ive just brought a rockford bd500.1 amp and i am goin to buy 2 JL udio W3s to run off it. the thing i am stuck with is what should i get the 2ohm 4ohm or 6ohm vioce coils. please help need to know before i spend all that money cheers.

if they are dvc get the 4 ohms so you you can run it at a 1ohm load this will give you the most power to the subs. if they are svc go with the 2ohm.

yeah they are dvc but i was thinking of running them at 2ohm will that work with the 4ohm speakers ok does it not mean they can only be run at 4 ohms

I you wanna run your amp at a 2 ohm load then single 4 ohm voice coils will get you there with minimal wiring ( this is going to be the easiest)

2ohms should be plenty of power for the W3s so why push the amp and just to get a littel more power and a bit more distortion..just my opinion.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.